1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?Release Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DocJim, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocJim

DocJim Member

I have a Spears release trigger in a 1187 Remington with a "soft set" (no click). Recently I have noted that occassionally (1-2times/100) I will have a failure to fire when released. Re-setting is always effective. Do I have a problem or am I just not setting hard enough occassionally? Also should these triggers be cleaned and lubricated similiar to factory "pull" triggers? ..............Thanks. .....Jim G

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Of course triggers need to be cleaned !!!! Your problem could be just that simple...

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

1100 triggers don't fail to work just because they get dirty. They're not that finicky. You need to contact Darrell at Spears, and probably send the trigger to him to be fixed. What you describe shouldn't be happening. His number is 620-200-3220.

4. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

If you have the model with the let off feature, that is probably the issue. I had to take mine off so that it would function properly.

Take care,

Jim

sbcoachjim@aol.com

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Are you sure the bolt is going all the way forward.

I had a 1100 one time that I always had to hit the bolt handle forward before each shot just to make sure it was far enough ahead. If it wasn't seated properly, it would not fire and you would think it was the release trigger, but it wasn't.

Check it out.

Hauxfan!

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Hauxfan,
    Sounds like you hit upon the problem. I would think that if the bolt doesn't lock forward you can't set the trigger, but if it's a "soft set" you might not know it didn't set.
    We all had to give that bolt handle an extra hit, or it was a lost bird. Didn't have the FTF rule back then.

7. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Having a release with no click (to let you know it's set)is a pain in the a$$. I have had the same trouble. I would not own another one.

Booger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.