1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release trigger & point of impact

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rob111, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob111

rob111 Member

I changed to a release trigger and I am not hitting targets as hard as before.
    what is the norm after changing from a pull to a release .. to raise or lower the point of impact? or what else to do.. please any help will be appreciated.. Respecfully, Rob Mize

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rob,

Most folks find a release is a bit faster than a pull trigger. The effect is the gun is firing just a hair sooner than your brain has been programmed to expect. I would suggest you shoot a couple thousand rounds and let your body and mind "catch up" with the trigger speed before you adjust anything. If at that point you find yourself shooting behind and below targets, raise your POI.

Bob Schultz

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Raise the POI and give it a try? I had to raise my POIs on two guns, a B-303 and MX-3 Special combo. Either gun now smokes a clay on all three games, S,Dbls and caps.

Hap

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I find that with a Release my barrel is still climbing a little at the moment of truth.

5. rob111

rob111 Member

Thanks for all the help.. it needs to be raised.. who puts extra notches in a perazzi mx2000 .so the rib can be adjusted.. thanks rob

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Laib will, but others will as well. but just adjust the comb and leave the rib where it is. the comb is the POI adjustment anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.