1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Release trigger ? MX 2000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rob111, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob111

rob111 Member

I need help selecting a release trigger.. This will be my first release, is the allem roller type or is precision the best? Is precision still in business? Any help would be appreciated .. Respectfully ,Rob Mize

2. wbill

wbill Member

The Precision Gold Trigger can't be beat. Plus Jim Coons is one of the greatest guys you can ever meet. Bill

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rob... The Precision release trigger for your Perazzi is the best money can buy. Jim will build the trigger to your specifications, or send you one that is pre-set and ready to go. The new leaf spring system is the best there is. The warranty is the best there is. While an Allem's roller release is a nice trigger, the Precision is in a class all by itself. It is the ONLY release trigger to use for a Pgun...period!... Just my personal experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2) PS: Yes, Precision triggers are very much alive and well!!

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I like Kerry Allor's release. Looks like a Reitz but better.

Charlie

5. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Mile High Shooting Accessories sells the Precision gold trigger, Diann is a very, very nice lady who handles the sales. Phone # is 303-519-9616.

Trap-4

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Allem's is the way to go. They will build it with whatever set and release poundage you want.

Coons won't do that with a Precision...at least that's what he told me.

7. Trap4

Trap4 Member

I am not one to say there is a BEST one of anything, trap guns, ammunition, trucks, ect. But there is a BEST release trigger, and it is PRECISION, also there service can not be matched. You can send it back every year and Jim will check it out re-adjust it if needed at no charge to you. No one else does this that I know of.

Trap-4

8. cob

cob TS Member

Rob111, If you are interested in a precision release trigger all sales are now handled factory direct through a select group of people. mile high no longer handles precision gold triggers.

We offer an excellent release trigger for Perazzi and Kolar shotguns with innovative new hammer springs that make the new precision triggers better than ever. We can also convert your older style precision trigger to the new style springs with minimal downtime.

If you are interested in shooting one of our demo triggers at a shoot or are interested in a spring conversion give me a call at 816-200-6404.

Jacob Jeffries with Precision Gold Triggers

9. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Jacob when did Mile High stop selling the Precision triggers??

Trap-4

10. cob

cob TS Member

Precision Gold Triggers did not renew MIle High's sole distributorship after the grand. There are no hard feelings just a parting of ways. So all trigger sales and service will be handled by Jim Coons himself, Julie Lambert(his granddaughter), Jacob Jeffries or Ray Stafford.

Jacob Jeffries Precision Gold Triggers

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Just to clear up any mis-understanding on how Jim Coons sets his triggers. Jim will set up the trigger with the set and release points where you ask him to. He builds his triggers FOR YOU and for your requirements. His goal is to provide you with the best trigger he can so you will shoot better with it. Each trigger is an individual thing. He will work with you as long as it takes to get your trigger set to where you want it. I know this from first hand experience with Jim. He worked with me three different times, getting my trigger just right. What more can you ask for?.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

12. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Dan, that sure isn't the what he told me. I wanted my trigger to be 5½# set and 3½# release, but he said, "No I won't make it that fast."

Pat Laib doesn't like to work on them, but he did do mine and now it's just like I wanted it. I've 2 Allem releases that are every bit as good as the Precision trigger.

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

[​IMG]

This is a trigger you will like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

9616c trigger

allem release trigger specs

is a precision trigger better than an allem trigger

mx 2000 release trigger

who builds release triggers