1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger lube - where to buy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JES, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JES

JES Member

I have been looking and don't know the best to use on an Allem trigger set? Who sells and what website to find it on? Thanks, Jan

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jan..... You are going to get all kinds of suggestions on this one. There is no special lube for a release trigger. I shoot a Precision double release in my DB-81 and all I use is "Break Free". I clean the trigger with carburator cleaner, blow it dry, spray it lightly with Break Free, and wipe it down with a soft cloth. I prefer to shoot a slightly "dry" release with just enough lube on it to protect it. The trigger works flawlessly and shows no indication of wear after 3 years use.... Just my experience

3. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

Beware or over lubing a trigger assembly, Spears recommends engine reassembly oil and then only on the pressure points, very sparingly. i have used his recommendations and have never had any trouble, a small tube of oil will last you for yrs. very inexpensive, i use it for all points of lub on guns.

4. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

Where's "Shootlow" when you need him?

5. three-reloaders

three-reloaders TS Member

I use stp on release locks. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.