1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger Help Needed!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Guy, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Is there any way you could take a Timney release trigger from a Browning Citori and change it into a pull trigger without having to buy a whole other trigger that would be pull???

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I would think, having never had one, that the release trigger has some sort of "hook" that holds the hammer from falling until you "release" the trigger. So, generically speaking, removal of the hook device should turn the trigger mechanism into a pull trigger. I'd recommend you have a good smith look at it rather than take a dremel tool to it and possibly be sorry later.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Depends on how it's made. If parts were added to make the release, it might happen. I changed a Schwab release on a Beretta by removing the hook and replacing it with a fabricated metal piece.

If the original sear still engages the hammers, and setting the trigger puts the hammer on a hook of some sort it might be possible.

Understand me, do not overestimate your competence when engaging in this kind of work. If you are not familiar with basic gunsmithing and mechanical practices, let someone else do it.

I would suggest Jim Flynn if you are located in the West, or Doug Braker in Central USA.

HM

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The trigger on a Citori is not a drop out trigger like a Perazzi, it is built into the gun. I had a Bowen conversion to Double Release on my Citori and all I had to do was remove the hook to change back to Pull but I don't know how a Timney release is made.

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Timney's release trigger done on a Citori, but I've seen it on an 1100. I've also seen Spears release trigger on a Citori. To disable the release, just remove one screw per trigger and remove the hook which catches the hammer. Two hammers means two screws and two hooks (one on each side). Just remove the screws and hooks.

That's all you have to do. Without the hook catching the hammer, the hammer will just fall normally when the trigger is pulled.

6. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Browning Guy,

If you have questions or concerns about the answers you have gotten so far, it would be most helpful if you would tell us what those questions/concerns are. Simply bumping the thread to the top without any comments from you does not give us any indication of what you think of the comments so far. If you don't like our comments, tell us why. We're just trying to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.