1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release trigger help - 391

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I have a 391 with release trigger that I need to convert back to pull. I have the trigger out, pulled one pin that runs through the sear (hook), but it didn't come out. I suspect the burs on the sear keep it locked into the trigger itself.

Can someone lead me through the process? How many pins do you have to take out, and do you have to take the trigger out? Exploded view is above.

Danny

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Stop! Don't ruin a perfectly good release trigger. Let me see what kind it is. Maybe I'll buy it, or get you a pull trigger. Call or email me, where will you be this weekend?

3. d endicott

d endicott Member

I have a 303 trigger I will trade you.

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I have a 303 pull, with the hook removed. I already swapped them out.

But, what I'd really like to do is take the hook out of the 391 trigger in case I want to convert it back later.

No help from anyone?

Danny

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I take it you have the trigger out of the trigger housing. There's a bushing in the trigger pin hole....remove the bushing and the hook should come out. If you have the sear interrupter that goes in place of the release hook, then install it, assuring the pin and spring are in the small hole on the front bottom of the trigger, replace the the bushing in the trigger and the trigger into the housing. If you don't have a sear interrupter and pin and spring, then don't load more than one shell in the gun, because with out them when you pull the trigger the gun will fire everythng in it and you can't stop it.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.