1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RELEASE TRIGGER GUNS IN STORES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by targetchip, Jul 9, 2013.

1. targetchip

targetchip Banned User Banned

I lot of people use release trigger guns. Why they don't sale them in stores?

Just curious!

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

They don't want to be held responsible for the patterns on the back of the trap houses.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

One person, one mistake, one injury or death is one too many.

All you need is for someone to say, "ok, I got it" and then have a big mistake that costs a life.

The headlines would be devastating.

If I were selling a release trigger gun in a store I would convert it to pull and sell the parts separately.

HM

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

When I sell one, I use the Obama caveat... "It ain't my fault"

5. alf174

alf174 Member

Release triggers are primarily related to trap shooting and several manufacturers offer release triggers as options. Many release trigger trap guns are offered for sale on the online auction websites and are listed at the gun shops that deal often in trap guns; examples are the advertisers on this site. Won't find them at Walmart but check out Cabelas gun library.

6. halfmile

The problem:

Anyone can buy one.

The solution:

Disclaimer, maybe?

I would want a waiver if I sold one out of a store. Dumbbells who have stupid mishaps mostly don't take responsibility. Just my opinion. Sure, you can buy a high dollar gun with release, or option to convert, but how about an unmarked auto or pump on the rack?

HM

7. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I have never uderstood the argument that guns with release triggers are more dangerous than ones with pull triggers.

Guns with pull triggers are only dangerous when pointed in an unsafe direction. The same is true for guns with release triggers.

If the basic rules of safety are followed there is no problem. Treat every gun as if it is loaded. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. Keep the gun unloaded except on the firing line. Keep the action open except on the line or in a gun rack or case.

Bud

8. halfmile

Ambulance chasing lawyers will distort the message. They will claim that the purchaser had a right to expect a trigger that acted "normally", in this case firing when pulled.

The dealer would probably be charged with negligence creating great bodily harm.

I wouldn't take the chance.

HM