1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release trigger for Super X model 1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There is only one good SX-1 trigger maker that I know of and he is from here in Ohio His name slips my mind right now. But will reply with it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The best are made by Emerson Hoblit I called Pete McCall because he shot them and sold me one, Pete said they are going for $500 complete.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

There is one for sale right now on this website. Guy is asking $520 shipped.

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=315251&Messages=3

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I have used Hoblit's triggers for my Super-X's when I was in my prime.

Emerson is wheelchair bound and will not be building anymore. In fact he hasn't in quite a few years as he ran out of machined parts a long time ago. He is a super nice man. I have been to his house and shot targets there. has a skeet and trap range at his home. Including a 22 rifle that I shot in his garage with a release trigger !!!

He was in research and development for General Motors. He was very good at whatever he tried. At one point he was a outstanding live bird shooter.

His triggers are perfection. The way you get one now is from someone that will part with one.

I'm proud to call him a friend.

Tom Strunk

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

One just sold on E-bay for less then 400 bucks.

In fact, I am pretty sure it was the same trigger some guy is selling here on trapshooters.

In have never seen a Hobblitt with a trigger shoe and one sold the other day on e-bay and then a few days later, I saw a post where a guy was selling a Hobblitt that looked to be the same trigger. I think the guy on here was wanting over 500.

That is what the go for!

Or.. You can buy a SX-1 trigger and have it done by somebody and save yourself 150.00 and have a trigger that will fail over time. I have never seen another release stand the test of time like a Hobblitt.Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.