1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release trigger for K80 R/T

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seaone, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seaone

seaone TS Member

Would appreciate any advice on this topic. I have an opportunity to buy an K80 R/T combo for an attractive price. Receiver is pull/pull. I have been shooting a release KS5 for almost 18 years and I would prefer not to go back to my nightmare on Elm Street.
    Ottsville is tightlipped on the subject as I think they hear release trigger and liability in the same breath. The topic must get their bloomers in a bunch. I have heard several variations on the storys that releases were options for factory guns but they are no longer supplied (under any circumstances). Well that sucks! Is there anyone out there who is well versed in the changeover and the approximate cost or installs altogether?
    I would really like to find out a bit more about the model and perhaps the little things that we should be looking for. Is the trigger linkage a custom fit per gun? Also. if it is replaced, any liabilities or quirks that may hinder the perfect action already. Need to act fast if I am to try this gun out prior to the Conn. State Shoots, late June. I like the hold, the sight picture and weight. Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks for your comments, they are very welcome and greatly appreciated.
    Ken Flanagan
    37 Neipsic Road
    Glastonbury, Conn 06033

2. k80 mike

k80 mike TS Member

ken, krieghoff had major problems with release triggers for the rt. they do not supply release triggers and would only service the ones that were already made. the pull trigger is outstanding but if you want a release stay away from the rt. hope this helps. mike

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

K80 Mike nailed it. Beware!!

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The way the trigger is designed - there just isnt enough room in there to make it all work correctly

So for now the answer is no release- and they have quit making the gun so the answer might always be the same

great gun in a pull pull configuration

5. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I believe there is a firm in Texas that can do a release for a K80RT.
    When I bought mine, it was a release for years and shot in competition, and I had it changed to a pull-pull for my use.
    Great shotgun and great triggers.
    Perhaps some one knows the Texas group I am talking about; their reputation is excellent.
    Just my thoughts.
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.