1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release trigger for Ceasure guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jvoorheis, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jvoorheis

Jvoorheis Member

I'm considering having a release trigger installed in my CG Summit trap. The gunsmith at CG said I would have to send the entire gun in which is expensive and takes 3 weeks to get back.
    Do any of you know if a local gunsmith can install a release trigger in a GG?
    Would you advise I get a single or double release?

2. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

Had my CG Summitt done at the factory, well pleased. Is expensive to ship especially with insurance thru the PO. CG does not insure the return. I prefered the release-pull option set to the bottom tube. Bite the bullet and get it done.

3. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Do not shoot a release unless you have to due to flinching. If you need a release you need it on both triggers..go with the double release...Few people shoot a pull/release or release/pull..SMOKIT

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

They did mine and only neded the receiver and stock not the entire gun. Excellent workmanship and a very quick turn around time for the entire process. Shipping was about $150 insurred total for both ways to California. Make sure to ask for the old parts back so it can be converted back in the future.
    Doug

5. Jvoorheis

Jvoorheis Member

Thanks for the replies. I called the dealer where I purchased the CG and they don't have parts to convert to a release trigger. I talked to a gunsmith at CG and he said they needed the entire gun, but only one barrel. He also said they do not release the conversion parts to outside gunsmiths. He also said that a CG gun smith travels to several gun shows and could install the release trigger while I wait. I probably will go that route.
    I seem to have the flinch problem much more with my trap shooting, than sporting clays. What's the thought of having release triggers on just the trap gun and pull triggers on my Sporting gun? Know anyone that has this and has adapted to it?

6. larry prior

larry prior Member

phillips gunsmithing makes a good one

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Will Phillips honor ALL guarantee work that CG will not honor due to a non-factory adaption of the gun, including any non trigger problems if CG refuses?

What about the pit stop program? Will Phillips take that over also?

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

As SMOKIT said, double release - and have it done on your sporting clays gun, as you're just as likely to develop a flinch shooting sporting clays as trap. In fact, my problem started first with sporting clays, because there's more time to "rethink" your shot.

Release/pull seems to work only for fast double shooters who don't have a flinch problem. It enables them to spot shoot that first bird faster.
    For others, it's known as release/flinch.

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Phillips did one for me. Works great. He's only going to
    guarantee that the release works.

10. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

I had CG install my release in my Summit trap a couple of years ago when I bought the gun, that way they honor any warrantee issues..some body else does it, they go belly up, you"ll be up the creek.
    Since I bought the gun from my local CG dealer (here in the northeast), the sales rep.from CG picked up the gun, and took it with him, had the release installed at CG,and had it back,in two weeks ( no shipping charges Incurred, just great service).maybe you could check into that, good shooting, Breakemall ML.

11. Lyle

Lyle Member

I have release/pull parts for sale if you need some. Send me a PM if interested.

Lyle

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They only need the stock and reciever

Gary

13. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

If shipping cost is a problem, ship the barrel and the receiver seperate. You can also take the time to pack your gun so you don't have to worry about insurance. If you don't already know the receiver is the gun, and your barrel is just a piece of Iron that can be shipped at the post office any way you want to save money.

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Jack, I may be wrong but I kinda think Phillips, comes to the Silver $ for the big winter shoots--nothing beats a FTF with the person working on your gun.

Phil Berkowitz

15. Jvoorheis

Jvoorheis Member

I'm still trying to decide what to do. My thinking is to have a release/ pull trigger installed. Without shooting either one, it seems like it would be easy to set the trigger in trap before calling for the bird, then pull for the second shot. It seems like I could still use pull triggers in my sporting gun where I shoot low gun and don't seem to have the flinch problem. I'll check out Silver dollar. I'm only an hour north of there. Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.
    Jack

16. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

You should consider release, release, it's the best way to go! It takes a while to master, but works well in Doubles, It will not affect you on sporting clays to shoot a pull, but you may consier release for that!

17. Jvoorheis

Jvoorheis Member

Just an FYI. Philips gun smithing in Texas said he installs factory CG release triggers which does not void the warrenty. He said he is an unofficial release trigger installer for CG. He will not be in Florida for shoots anymore. He also said he only need the receiver and stock which makes shipping lot easier and less costly.

18. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Do you shoot sporting with a low gun? If so, that is probably why you don't flinch at this sport. I have seen it sevearl times before. One friend flinched so badly with a mounted gun that he started shooting trap with the gun unmounted and the butt just below his shoulder. In fact, his scores really did not suffer.

19. Jvoorheis

Jvoorheis Member

I shoot sporting low gun and don't flinch. I also don't flinch on the second bird in trap doubles. I shot 100 handicap today and didn't flinch in the 1st 50. Then I must have flinched 3-4 times in each of the next 50 birds. Ruined my score. Must be concentration problems.

20. Jvoorheis

Jvoorheis Member

Just a status report. I shot at Robinson Ranch today and had again several flinches. One of the guys I was shooting with had a Kregoff with a pull trigger and let me shoot it when we were done with handicap. It was my first time with a release trigger and I loved it. It seemed very natural for me. I called Ceasare Guerini again and this time was told I only need to send the receiver and stock in. Peterson in Texas said the same thing, but he didn't have parts. Sending it in Monday for a single release and hoping for the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.