Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

release trigger for bt-99??

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ExFedex 
#1 ·
where is the best place to have a release trigger installed in a bt-99, and what is the the ball park cost??

tony

#2 ·
Contact Hal Sammons owner of Precision Gunworks Tahlequah, Ok. He makes a very simple and excellent release for a BT-99. He is usually quite a bit cheaper than a lot of the big shops and he has been in business for probably 35 years. If you search you should find several post about his work. neo

#5 ·
I have older BT-99 two barrel set in a trunk case, with lengthened forcing cones and Briley installed screw in chokes & barrel work, along with a release trigger for it. It's for sale, and the trigger is not installed at this time, and so far as I know is new. If you're interested in just the release trigger, let me know and I'll get back to you upon my return from the state shoot, next week. ......mike

#8 ·
Tony. Seems pretty legit to me. I do that all the time. He is not interferring wiht your question. And consider Doug Hubbart. He does similar to the Spears.

Truthfully, Kiner says my Spears is weighted wrong. Perhaps. He tested it and it set at 6 lbs and let go at 3. Kiner is in the camp that says 4 to 5 lbs as set and 28 oz as a let off.

I liked mine because I could get it to go off before my crossfire kicked in. On the other hand I am now shooting a MX trigger that would be more to his liking and shooting it somewhat better. I think Hubbart will giv you the best deal. Adn a nicer guy you cannot find. He installs a whole new trigger blade like Spears. But he has all the stuff and knowledge that Bruce Bowen imparted on him, when Doug bought the Bowen Release segment of his business. I'll go test my MX trigger and put those numbers up

#9 ·
MIA, I am fine with the hijack, it just struck me funny, I shoot a Beretta with a Skeets release, the info I'm requesting is for a friend that has developed a flinch, and was asking about a release for his bt-99.

I don't have much knowledge on the bt's.

is the release something that can be taken out by the shooter if he dosen't like it?? my Beretta I just have to pull the hook off and it is back to a pull.

tony

#10 ·
Tony. No. And there is another type that is parts added, but I do not know who makes those.

andyes, we need a sense of humor in forums.

My MX trigger is exactlty 3# set and 2 # release.

#11 ·
I have one in my BT-99 done by Skeet's Gunshop, also in Tahlequah, OK. Have been very happy with it. Dean Harris talked me thru how easy it is to convert back to pull trigger and there is no excess creep when back to pull. I use it as a release. Great workmanship, price, and customer support. Have Rem. 1100 release done by Spears too but they cannot be easily converted back to pull like the BT-99 done at Skeet's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.