1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release trigger for BT-99

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hinkton, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Who builds a release trigger for a BT-99? Hank

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Spears Gun Shop in Kansas. $265.00 and it is a sweet trigger. 620-286-5671

3. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I'll second Spears...Bill

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Spears!!

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I have heard that spears triggers are good buy My vote is for Phillip Crenwelge, Spears are held in place by Loc-tight and a screw, Phillips are soldered or welded in and are guarenteed, I had Phillip do a BT100 for me at the Grand also a 3200, just last week I sent him a 682 Beretta from MD. to WI and had it back the following Monday thats sent 05/01/08 send Back 05/05/08 FIRST CLASS WORKMANSHIP not to mention the First class Shipping <a href="http://s108

6. WarEagle2017

a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view&current=Phillips-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Too bad they didn't learn him how to spell college.

8. furface

furface Member

My Spears is machined steel with the sear on top, no screw or locktite. Are you sure your not talking about a Allum?? Spears triggers are very good and Darrell Johnson is great guy to do business with. Joe

9. WarEagle2017

Yes I am sure I called Spears two weeks ago and asked them, they told me that they use a screw and loktite, and if you want to remove the Hook some times you have to heat it with a torch to free up the locktite, although I was asking about a 682 Beretta, maybe they do a BT 99 different, also they said I had to send them the reciever and the butt stock, Phillip Crenwelge only need the reciever....

10. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Spears did the double release triggers on my Browning 525 Sporting and some other guns. A few months ago I removed both of the release hooks on the 525 just for curiosity sake. NEITHER of the screws required any heating to remove. Both screws came out just as easy as could be and went back in just as easy.

My guess is that the reason he said he used epoxy on the Beretta is because of the different internal design. If the screw accidentally backs out on the Beretta O/U, it MIGHT cause some problems. On the other hand, there is no way the screw could back out on the Browning O/U due to the design.

Don't assume that because something may be true in one case that it is automatically true in ALL cases.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.