1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Trigger for Beretta 682, Recommendatios

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

My buddy has noticed a new phenomena in his shooting, sometimes when he wants to pull the trigger , nothing happens. He then jerks the trigger. I explained to him that other trapshooters ( including me ) have had similar experiences, some of us call it a "Flinch". He is not sure what he is going to do yet but he ask me to post here and see the recommendations for a possible release for a 682.

Thanks,

Charlie

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The best release triggers, in my opinion, are Allem's Roller Releases. I've owned releases by several vendors and can honestly state that the Allem Roller Releases in my Beretta 687 are the smoothest I've ever used. They are also easily adjusted for release speed by changing to another of the five roller sizes and can be changed back to pull triggers simply by removing the rollers.

For more information, go to their website (URL above).

Ed

3. doc boc

doc boc Member

spears

4. Smac66

Smac66 TS Member

Spears did the release/pull in my Beretta....would not hesitate to send another his way.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I had Skeet's Gun Shop, (Talequah, OK.), do the release in my Beretta 682. I am extremely satisfied with his workmanship and his prices are very reasonable. Give him a call. # 918-456-4749 Ed

6. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

I just purchased an old S680 Beretta...a beautiful gun/unsingle barrel. Sent it to DOUG HUBBART in Linn Creek, Mo 65052 even before I shot it!!! The gun came back as requested; lower barrel RELEASE and top pull. This release is very smooth. His work is excellent and turn around the best. I have shot Spears and Precision Gold releases and both are very good. Mr. Hubbart does to a Beretta trigger what precison gold does for Perazzi. I am very,very pleased and recommend him to all....

7. Charlie Becknell

8. Charlie Becknell

I am not familiar with Allem's roller release. Anyone got a picture?

Charlie

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Charlie, I don't think any of the releases mentioned are bad - I've owned guns with many of them installed and had no problems. Allem's Roller Releases simply are better than any sear-type trigger.

They're smoother on release, which is something I didn't think I'd even notice but that's the least attractive feature in my opinion. To me, the beauty is in the ability to tune the release speed faster or slower by changing rollers, which is easily done with just a screwdriver, as the photo shows. They ship completed installations with a #3 roller and the release can be made faster with a #2 or #1 roller and slower with a #4 or #5. Don't like the new speed? Simply reinstall the original roller(s). No more having sears stoned only to find you liked it better the way it was and now are very possibly faced with replacing parts to get the removed metal back. Lastly, the HUGE plus - if you ever want to revert the gun back to pull trigger(s), removing just the roller(s) does the trick.

I don't know of any other trigger system that offers those benefits.

Ed

10. Charlie Becknell

Any pictures with leaf springs?

Charlie

11. Charlie Becknell

My buddy , without a computer, also has an MX 8 with drop out trigger with leaf springs. This is his first time to consider a release trigger and he is not sure which way he is going to go.
    I have 4 triggers, all different, Allem, Phillip Crenwegle, Reitz, and Kerry Allor's. I guess I am not a trigger expert, they all seem to work fine. I usually shoot Kerry's trigger in my MX 10 RS. The way I shoot, I am not an advertisement for any of these triggers, they all work better than I do.

Charlie

12. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I had a release trigger installed in my Beretta 682 Gold E this past July by Allems. To date the release is working GREAT. Go to the URL on Ed's posting (above) and give then a call.

Frank

13. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

My 682 Gold E with a Kerry Allor double release works just great.

14. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I also might mention that there was not any stock work required. All I sent to Allems was the receiver, minus the barrels and the stock. This made shipping very easy and nominal cost.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 trap release trigger

beretta 687 release trigger
mr hubbart trigger release
release triggers beretta 682