1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Triger for K-80 Trap Special

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I have a K-80 Trap Special,..... I would like to have it converted to a double release,...... i was thinking a bout an Allen roller release, but not sure if it's worth the extra $$,...... Can I get some thoughts about who could convert this,.... and what would be the best choice,????

Thanks
    Rich

2. lancelot

lancelot Member

Hi Rich -

You might want to keep in mind that Krieghoff won't work on any release triggers that are not factory installed Krieghoff releases.

I found this out the hard way with a Model 32 I had bought with Allem, double, releases. I took it to Krieghoff at the Grand for an annual. Kreighoff explained that, because of liability issues, they could only work on their own triggers that had been installed by them. Makes sense to me.

I, personally, have always been satisfied with their factory releases.

Good luck, Ron Ireland

3. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi rhat, i have a special on k-80 release triggers. double release triggers installed in k-80's with the release hammer already installed ( all k-80 traps for many years have had the release hammers installed when manufactured) is on sale for $450.00, shipping included to the lower 48 states, the only upcharge is insurance. you tell me what you want it insured for and i will quote you a price for the insurance. i bought out bruce bowen release triggers some years ago. the parts are made from the right materials, heat treated and istalled to your spects for poundage and timing. thanks doug hubbart (573)286-9905 jd28hd@aol.com

4. blkfin

blkfin Member

Rich, Have used Allems Releases for years. Tried others but liked Allems best. Bought a Trap Special from John and Nancy Allem and had the new roller release put in. There are 3 differant size rollers that can be changed easily for differant timing. Also these triggers can't be overpulled. Great people and great sevice. Hope you use them you won't be dissapointed. Hope this helps Mike K.

5. BigBilll

BigBilll TS Member

Chris Maest @ Clay Target Sports (609)921-9358 Did the releases on my Trap Special Great people there you will not be dissapointed.

6. Boske

Boske TS Member

Allem's is the best. Go no farther. Service is also great for the rest of the gun. Years of experience and work with Kreigohff gives allem's the know how.

Phil Boinske

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.