1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release to pull ???????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Had a release installed in my BT-99 some time ago and want to go back to pull. It was done by Spears but have heard some talk lately about their lack of communications and down time. What or who do ya recomend for the changeover? And, no I don't have the pull parts. Thanks,

Gnej

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'd have Phillip Crenwelge do it. I believe he charges $50 to convert one back but that's between you and him. He converted my Beretta from pull to release and i am quite happy with his work, price and turn around time.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Thanks, I sent him a message.

GneJ

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Can't you just remove the hook? The hammer, sear, and parts should still be in there, depending on the release. Or just get the parts, and put them in yourself. BT-99's are not that complex. They are not like a K-80 or something like that. Jon

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've done many of these, although I have to admit it's been a couple of years. I used to save all the parts removed as well.

As far as I can remember, all I did was remove the stock and then remove the block located on the under-side of the top tang... may have been a couple of extraneous parts I removed along with this too.

I should probably check my used parts box and see what I removed. Seems it was pretty straight forward and simple to do.

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.