1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release to pull, field shooting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

What do you died in the wool release trigger guys do when you shoot in the field? Is it possible to switch back and forth or is it that once you take the release trigger as your personal savior are you doomed to dance with the one what brought you for all time. Thanks, gyrine

2. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

gyrine, I use a release trigger when shooting trap only. I use a pull trigger when hunting, shooting sporting clays, and skeet. In those activities I do not shoulder my gun until I see the target. Its worked for me for 20 plus years. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

An old friend of mine Bueford Bailey used release on the line and pull in the field without any problems. I have another friend that also uses release on the line and pull in the field and shooting sporting.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tom Strunk does that too with good results! Hap

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I shoot a double release for trap and skeet and double pull for field. As mentioned earlier, I think the difference is shooting gun down on the pull trigger. Bill Malcolm

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

no problems....but if you can't chew gum and walk at the same time, you might have troubles.

tony

7. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

My father-in-law shot a release trigger at trap and a pull trigger for hunting deer, ducks, elk, pheasant for nearly forty years. One season he shot at a buck intending to hit it in the head. The buck went down but was found to be shot in the butt. He had his remington pump, 760, equiped with a release trigger in the same manner as his 1100. He continued hunting game for many years with a release trigger and placed his shots where he wanted them. He no longer flinched with the 760. Post-2

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Most have no problem going back and forth but it takes a few practice shots to get you in the correct mind set for many.

9. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

can you drive a standard Transmission AND an automatic??? Next question....

10. KGUN

KGUN TS Member

I shoot a release for trap and a pull for the field. I can probably shoot a pull for trap also but I just like the way a release feels for trap. I went to a release almost from the start for trap. The first trap gun I had came with a release, I tried it a few times and I loved it. I never went back. I have however never liked a double release. I was almost thinking of shooting a different gun for doubles with a pull pull, but when I put the release in my new gun I just put one. I have been shooting release-pull now for about a year and I like that best. For me it's the best of both worlds Alot of people have advised against it and told me that eventually I would go back to a double release.

11. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

No problem going back and forth; not even having to consciously think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.