1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release tigger for 391's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sinker_63, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinker_63

sinker_63 TS Member

Can anyone help me w/ determining a good release trigger for a 391? I believe I'm getting to that point, and have no experience with releases.
    What companies make a good release for the 391, and what kind of hassle is it to "let down" the trigger seeing that it would be on an auto???

2. sinker_63

sinker_63 TS Member

Sorry about the first posting that's suppose to be a trigger, not tigger.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

1100 releases usually have an 870 carrier latch button rigged to reset the trigger. I don't know what B gun owdners do besides mastering the left hand opening dance.

HM

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Spears is very good. Only cost $100 to convert your trigger, takes less than a week. They also sell a complete trigger. Moneymaker makes a good trigger for sale, also Angleport and Cole. Look to spent about $ 250 to $ 300.

It is a hassle to "let down" the trigger once it's set. If you are right handed, while keeping the trigger pulled, you have to reach over the receiver with your left hand and pull back the bolt. Also the bolt won't stay open unless you first pull that little latch on the left side of the receiver.

Obviously, the hassle is worth it, because there are a bunch of us doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.