1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release stickers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tracy Boy, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

Where can I buy a couple of Yellow/Orange release stickers for my gun?? Email me if you like, or answer here.

Thanks, Don Williams

2. clayshooter53

clayshooter53 TS Member

Don:
    do you have a computer and some red or orange paper, or self stick labels? then make a sticker yourself! it is easy and you can personalize it with a font of your choice. AND it will be cheaper than buying it.

Billy

3. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what's the purpose of these stickers?? I'm the only person(or should be)handling MY gun and I already know it has a release trigger!

4. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

Clayshooter, I sould have thought of that myself. Thank you!

Geneleroy, I agree with you, however just in case someone might pickup the wrong gun I would like to do everything I can to make it as safe as possible. I don't know that there is or isn't a "law" governing that a sticker must be used, however many of my squadmates do so I thought I would follow good practice.

Thanks, Don

5. atashooter

atashooter Member

Go to the trapshooter page...

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

A simple label maker will do quite well. You can get the tapes in different colors to suit your needs. Dymo, Casio, and a host of other companies make cheap units. I have seen them as cheap as $10 at the local Staples on the clearance table. Try your local office supply and see what they have to offer.

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

geneleroy:

A quick perusal of any gun rack confirms what we already know. Certain gun models are virtually omnipresent. Someone picking up the wrong BT-99, Beretta auto, or TM1 just isn't that unusual. Unless there's something to distinguish YOUR toy from others like it, it may be you out on the line 'setting' someone else's pull trigger.

Understand the issue isn't limited to Model 12s, Citoris, and other super common guns. Last year at the Grand a fellow grabbed my friend's almost new Kolar unsingle from a rack behind one of the practice traps. The gentleman had missed his squad, was upset about it and wasn't paying attention. My friend found the other fellow's nearly identical nearly new Kolar unsingle in the same rack about one slot to the right. The 'perp' was subsequently identified using the serial number of his gun. When he was paged and found in the Event Center a couple of hours later, he still didn't know he had someone else's gun.

Do us all a favor. Put a 'release' sticker on your gun. Pretty please with sugar on it.

sissy : )

8. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

OK, you've convinced me although I can't imagine anyone picking my old 101, with it's cracked forestock, up in error. There is a dyno-tape marker that was put on by the former owner, "Blossom" Gordon!! I left it as a reminder of good friends Phylis(Blossom)& Kenny Gordon!

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

When you buy a new Kolar with release they throw in a sticker. I have been shooting a release trigger for 30 yrs. I have not decided why I need an orange release sticker now. By the way, very nice gun & trigger.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. Recoil Sissy

Joe:

Many release trigger shooters put the orange stickers on their guns because identifying guns so equipped is a good idea. If Kolar includes them with their new release trigger guns, perhaps its because Kolar thinks its a good idea too.

I have release stickers on all of my guns. I also have a printed name label on each butt stock where it's most visible when the gun is sitting in a rack. I don't use release trigger stickers because I forget my guns are so equipped. I don't use name labels because I can't distinguish my guns from those of others.

I use those stickers because people sometimes inadvertently pick up and shoot someone else's gun. Picking up the wrong gun is bad enough but its a real shocker to 'set' a pull trigger or to 'pull' a release trigger only to have the gun fire when its least expected. So simply stated, I use stickers and labels because they reduce the likelihood of someone picking up one of my guns by mistake.

Perhaps you'll never 'need' an orange sticker... or auto insurance, or a seat belt, or a motorcycle helmet but I'd rather have those things and not need them than the other way 'round.

Yours in sport,

sissy

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Well sissy, if someone is "setting" a pull trigger or "pulling" a release trigger, I would hardly say that the gun would go off when the least expect it. Now, if my gun went off when it was locked in my safe, I would say that it would be when I least expected it. Really, so someone picks up a release gun, they go to the line, chamber a shell, and mount it. Should they have touched the trigger prior to mounting it? No. So, they mount it, say pull and worst case it goes off with a slight delay because they "pulled" the release. Most of them would think they just flinched as usual.

12. Recoil Sissy

JBrooks

Thanks for sharing.

sissy

13. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Obviously safety is a No. 1 priority and I am in agreement.

Yours Truly:

Joe Woods/Ontario

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

2 at 8:

keep quite we don't want to ruin Tron's image on here.

ok I will have to say he is an ok guy also.

Foggy

15. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

Tron was one of several guys on TS.com that offered by email to send stickers at no charge. Thanks you all for your response and not a smart a$$ comment in the bunch....imagine that! There are times when I'm sure people are reluctant to ask for help for fear of being embarrassed from lack of knowledge or from being flamed here on TS.com, not the case this time, Thank you! Let's see now, is all the spelling correct, ....probably not....LOL!

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.