1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release sticker on gun why ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ThomRogers, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomRogers

ThomRogers Member

Was wondering why you would put a release sticker on gun, is it a rule or courtisy or what. I have been shooting release for years without a sticker and have never had anyone ask or care, even if they found out after we were done. Thanks Thom.

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Don't pick up my gun!! Pull triggers should say PULL. ! Just sayin

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

First they require a "release" sticker. What comes next? Registration of all
    release triggers. So they know who has them, then confiscation. Another intrusion into our rights. I say, none of their business.

4. ThomRogers

ThomRogers Member

Pat thanks for the info only shoot ata and the other games for fun and use pull for them.

5. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

There was a Day...That Most Guns in the Rack..M12,Bt99 and so on..All Looked Alike..Very Easy to Mistakenly pick up WRONG GUN...Was SAFETY CONCERN by Those that Choose to Be Different with Release...Trust me..you Only make that Mistake ONCE. Hade Model 12 with trigger that would do Both with the movement of the Safety...Had the Trigger Guard engraved...RELEASE in Red. Safety is Everyones Job.

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

At good size clubs and shoots, there are lots of guns in the gun rack that look alike. Stock BT-99, 870, 1100, TM-1, Model-12's. I have seen more than a few times someone picking up a Bt-99 thinking it was theirs. If it's a release you pick up and you don't shoot one, very bad things can happen.

Most trap houses that get shot are because of this. Good thing we keep guns pointed down range.

Wayne

7. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I shot a State shoot, leading on position 1....When it was position 5's turn to shoot, his gun didn't go off. He turned his whole body towards me, looked me in the eye, let go of the trigger and shot the gun with shot breezing by my whole body and everyone else on the line. ALL the while saying "I had a misfire". We were all lucky not to have been shot. Turned out he picked up the wrong gun and it had a release trigger. There should be a BIG RED warning that a release trigger is set up on the gun!

8. ThomRogers

ThomRogers Member

Understand the safety concerns, but when you go to the rack look for your gun when was the last time you looked for a sticker, if you think you might pick the wrong gun then why wouldn't you have a sticker idenifing your gun, if I were to pick up your gun with a pull trigger results could be the same. So YOUR mistake is my fault just sayin.

9. ThomRogers

ThomRogers Member

Yvonne a little insight, if anyone on line has a misfire whether release or pull then turn and points a loaded gun anywhere but down range needs to be talked to about his actions NOW as no matter what that gun still has a live round in it. I started shooting a release when shooting doubles using a pull when closing my gun it went off checked my gun with it pointed down range and found nothing wrong at the time, next pair it fired both barrels at once result I started flinching. Moral of the story no one was hurt as the gun was always pointed in a safe direction. It shouldn't be my resonabilty to make sure you donot pick up wrong gun, although I do try to keep an eye on my gun for all kinds reasons. Thanks Thom.

10. ThomRogers

ThomRogers Member

Sarge you will not convince me or any else with that statement when someone shoots a beat up citoi but shoots an entire round with a high grade mx8 and claims and you think also that he wasn't awhere honestly that he picked up the wrong gun and so you think a sticker on the stock was going to make a difference wow that hole is getting deeper and your falling in. Sarge your high grade mx8 might not be as high as you think if that mistake can be made,but if it has a release in it I would gladly shoot it. Thanks Thom

11. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

It's all about liability....

12. Nutso

Nutso Member

From experience (15 years) I've witnessed many unintentional discharges by shooters using release triggers, while only one with a pull trigger....for that reason I like to know who is using a release trigger, I don't view the sticker as necessary, I do however appreciate it when a squad mate informs the group.

Take a look at the trap house wall or skeet houses, most of those pellet marks come from release trigger guns.

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Maybe they should invent a pinball machine with release flippers???

It's REALLY all about dysfunctional types with cross-wired synapses and a desire to ugly-up an otherwise handsome stock.

These same types were the happiest when they got a simley face sticker during the first grade...

Guy B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.