1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release. Krieghoff or Allems?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Huntin'Fool, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

I'm looking into a release. Just a little stuck either a factory Krieghoff release or an Allems roller release. All thoughts, experiences and comments are appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan

2. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ernest Marlette, second to none. Harv

3. pulllit

pulllit Member

Jonathan,

Go with the Allem's roller. Expensive but worth it in the long run. Make a call to Allem's and talk with Jim the gunsmith about the roller system.

Did you receive the unsingle pictures I emailed to you?

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

I also chose the Roller Release. There were many reasons why...You can change the speed of the release by simply changing the roller, the smoothness and crispness and if the Roller is removed it reverts to the pull trigger.

In the future if you decide to sell the gun it doubles the people who would be interested in it. The roller is removed with no special tools, just a screw driver.

You will need to call and talk to Nancy and schedule your trigger to be worked on. 1-215-679-9016.

Vern

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

What Vern said.

Ed

6. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

I called allems and they said they are 4 weeks back logged now

Leaning towards Allems tho

7. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Isn't that what I told you weeks ago... funny you have to ask on hear for "other" opinions...... :)

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have the Allem roller and love it---Also have the Krieghoff double release in another gun---Love them both---CAUTION----KI will not work on any K-guns that are not all Krieghoff parts---If you go Allem you will have to do all further repairs with another smith----Check it out ---That's what I'v been told.
    George@SJB

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

George is incorrect. Krieghoff will service any guns but not work on an Allem release!!

10. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Chris Maest in Nj ( clay target sports) does a wonderful job on releases...One happy customer here. Authorized krieghoff dealer and repair shop. Bernie

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks-Oleo---I was told that KI will not work on any Allem up-grades---If there is any Allem up-grades it will not be serviced----Glad I'm wrong but a call to KI should be made to get the real deal----George