1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release in a Rem 31?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 320090T, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I was listening to porch talk at the gun club today. A guy hauled out a Rem 31 Trap and passed it around. We all checked it out, slid it a few times, and slobbered all over it. One guy stated that it was hard to find a gunsmith to put in a good release in a 31. Anyone had experience with this? Thanks!

2. 320090T

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, the 31 trigger is one complicated piece and there are no gunsmiths left that work on them. The early trigger is the best and as far as a release, I have never seen one

4. 320090T

Thanks!

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I had a release for a Rem. 31 that I sold here on this site 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. I looked long and hard to find it and actually bought a 31 to get the trigger. I could find no modern trigger gurus who would even try to convert one, for a couple of reasons. One, the trigger was difficult to make a release for and two, no one could figure a way to make a safety catch, ala M-12, so you could cancel a set without jeporddizing your safety and those around you.

Buz

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I had a 31 with a release that worked perfect the real problem is the trigger was not built so you could unset it once it was set. For safth reasons I just fired the shell and started from scratch. It is possible to hit the release button with your middle finger while holding the release back and pull the slide back but is not simple and dangerious if you slipped so I just shot the chambered round. A good release for a 31 is worth 500.00 a fellow at my club has had one made off the design of the one I had.

7. BillJ

BillJ Member

I have a 31F Grade with a release, but don't know who made it. It works good.

8. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I would only trust one man to put a good, reliable release in a Rem 31. Thurman Goble. He is a private smith that works out of his garage...but I have yet to see a smith that could hold a candle to this guy. If it shoots...he could fix it. He is a very old fashioned smith...very familiar with older firearms. He keeps very precise records of every gun he has fixed or modified...almost 10,000 guns. He is also the designer of the caesar guirini release trigger. The man is a genious. Even jaquas sends guns to him to be fixed. If you want a release installed in a 31 id HIGHLY recommend him....actually if you want a release installed in any gun id HIGHLY recommend him. BYG

9. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

BYG-- Sent you a PM. Thanks -Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.