1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

release in a auto

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

how far back do you pull the bolt to reset the trigger?

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It's different for some shotguns. Learn how to disengage yours and not rely on what works for someone else. You can do this safely with either a snap cap or an empty hull to learn what works for your shotgun.

Hap

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I have Spears and Timney release trigger assemblys and both are re-set by a push to re-set lever on the LH side of trigger housing. These are in my 1100 trap guns. Very early units did require holding trigger rearward while reaching over and pulling bolt back.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Quote: "how far back do you pull the bolt to reset the trigger?"

On my 390 which was done by Spears, about half way back is enough to reset the trigger, but you also have to release the trigger while the bolt is open to reset it. Since I don't like to take a chance that releasing the trigger might cause the hammer to hit the firing pin and result in firing the shell while the bolt is open, I just go ahead and pull the bolt all the way back and eject the shell from the chamber. With the Beretta autoloaders, manually ejecting the shell from the chamber does NOT feed another from the magazine.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.