1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release help?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun fitter, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

    gun fitter TS Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    2,959
    Any release shooters ever go back to pull triggers and why?

    Joe
     
  2. Easystreet

    Easystreet Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    1,463
    I don't know of any shooters who NEEDED a release that ever went back to pull triggers. I know a shooter who can shoot either release or pull as he chooses, but he has never had a flinching problem.

    Easystreet
     
  3. trapshootin hippie

    trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2007
    Messages:
    5,264
    I go bacl to pull whenever I want to shoot a pull trigger gun. Makes no difference to me.
     
  4. grntitan

    grntitan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2009
    Messages:
    17,194
    Location:
    IL(The gun friendly Southern Part)
    Same here, i shoot a release trigger 99% of the time the other 1% is when i decide to shoot one of my other guns which are all pull triggers. No big deal switching back just have to remember which gun you have.----Matt
     
  5. DBLMTHM

    DBLMTHM Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2008
    Messages:
    33
    Joe:
    After a 17 year layoff, I started trapshooting again. I had shot releases in the past. I tried a lot of newer guns with pull triggers upon my return, but the flinches were back within the first 100 shells fired. I can't go home again. David
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.