1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release for a SxS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dflo, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dflo

dflo Member

I would like to have a release put in Fox / Savage model B. Are the any gunsmiths that install releases in side by sides?

Thanks,

Dale

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It's against the law to put a release trigger in a SxS. The law of nature, that is. Even single triggers are considered in bad taste.

3. dflo

dflo Member

I would like this for sporting clays. Well I have not shot a double trigger gun so my single trigger will have to do.

Dale

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Two problems making a 311 into a release.. First.. the sear is so soft.. you need to rebend them on a regular basis to keep them working.. That change alone makes it impractical.. and second.. the hammers are burried deep inside the frame..so getting a "hook" on them is quite difficult.. While I've converted many to single trigger..and they work well.. the insides are basically.. cheap crap.. I'm not sure what the up side would be..

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I shoot a release, but went to a SxS sporting clays shoot and found I could shoot a double trigger. It's almost impossible for me to shoot a single pull trigger for trap or sporting clays.
    I think the fact that it was so different, I didn't accidentally "set" the trigger a couple of times like I would have done with a single trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.