1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release for a K-gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sterlingworth, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I seem to have developed a bit of a flinch,and was wondering if a release trigger might help. I have a K-32 top single that I would be useing. Question is who's trigger should I get? Any and all replies would be welcome. Thanks for looking....Ray

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ray, you've opened up a can of worms. Every 80's average Singles shooter out there will advise you against it.

I'll add that many dealers charge heavily for a Krieghoff release. I'd suggest Phillips Gunsmithing as a quality much lower cost alternative!!

3. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

I went to a release years ago,never regreted the move. My wife always said go have fun,when I went to a shoot.It was not fun with a flinch. Allems is not the cheapest,but does a great release.
    Glenn

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

Steringworth, since your post said a bit of a flinch, we should look to your set-up now, check your poundage with a trigger scale, one on my students was having a problem similar to yours, his trigger had gone down to 2 3/4 # took the trigger to 4 # he has not flinched in the last 4k rounds! incinerate em!

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I think I'd go to K.I.---I'm told that K.I. will not service a receiver that is not K parts---Not sure about that but check it out---I have both Allems roller and one K-gun with K-80 parts including R@R---I like both---I will aslo say to stick to pull as long as you can---There's nothing left after release---and it's very hard to ever go back to pull---
    I was told that by K----gL-----George@SJB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.