1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Flinching

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DBLMTHM, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBLMTHM

DBLMTHM Member

Hello to all:
    I am returning to Trap shooting after a 16 year layoff. In my forties I won a few State Singles Championships and All Arounds, made it to the back fence, etc.
    shooting a release trigger.
    Now, starting over I tried a few pull triggers and started to flinch within 100 shots so I went to a release again. But now I am flinching with the release also. It seems I go to the bird but don't release the trigger. Help!!
    Do you think this will abate as I shoot more? I am shooting a Ljutic with a factory release that has just had the new springs installed at the Grand.
    Any thoughts, suggestions, help would be greatfully appreciated.
    I really am enjoying shooting again except for this little problem.
    Thanks, David.

2. boonedoggle

boonedoggle TS Member

check this out ^ looks pretty good to me. might cure hemorrhoids too.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

David- With luck, your problem could be solved with a little more shooting. It takes a bit of time to coordinate trigger timing with "muscle memory" that develops when moving to the target.

Pat Ireland

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

The Wall Chart will reach 1000 in sales later this month and with several users in lots of families and many SCTP teams using them there would be well over 1500 chart users.

I have had lots of shooters use Wall Charts to get back to winning after leaving trap shooting for several years and had trouble getting back into the scores they broke years ago. I have had quite a few guys tell me they beat a flinch or they almost eliminated flinching with the chart.

Terry

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Get an Eye exam it is the first place to start!

Over time your eyes have changed! 40's Presbyopia stigmatism and dominance(laterality) factors should be looked in to.

Joe

6. DBLMTHM

DBLMTHM Member

Thanks to all for your suggestions and ideas. Today seemed to get a little better as the day went on. I will try more shooting and an eye checkup first.
    May try a wall chart in a few months if things don't start to improve by then.
    Again, I really appreciate all of your suggestions. Thanks. David

7. arthalony

arthalony Member

What is a wall chart ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.