1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

release button for 1100 / 11/87

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shaner, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaner

shaner Member

iam trying to find who sells or makes the small extended release buttons that you install on a 1100 or a 11/87 to make it easier to release the bolt on the shotgun , they are about 1/2 in long and they install them on the button part of the shotgun,

2. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Try clicking on the above web site , you will find one here.
    Regards Perazzi_01

3. shaner

shaner Member

thanks i seen those , thought maybe someone might know of some a tad less expensive

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Shaner, email me.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

My advice is, do not install one of the carrier extensions that hang below the receiver. You will be constantly closing the action, accidentally. It's just a matter of time before you get a finger or some other part caught in the action when it does. There is a factory competition carrier that has a longer button, but does not hang out below. That's the one you should get. It's aboout the same money and you will probably keep on using it. Several people I know have uninstalled the one from shotgunsports and have been unhappy with the hole left behind.

6. shaner

shaner Member

there shouldnt have a hole left over the one from S&S mag comes with the replacement button?

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

shaner

You might be right about it replacing the button, but they hang down and are a pain to deal with. That's my point. The extended competition carrier from Remington is a better idea. Way fewer accidental closings. Your digits will love you for it.

8. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

hi quack shot,
    where can i buy the remington competition extended carrier release? thanks. jm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

extended carrier button for rem 1100 shotgun

extended carrier release for rem 1100 shotgun

remington 1100 carrier release

remington 1100 compotiion blot release