1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Release = bitten by trigger guard???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dsdickson, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsdickson

dsdickson Member

Just went to a release, now I'm getting bit (middle finger) by the trigger guard. Anyone else experience this phenomenon? Any cures? Seems worse the first few shots in a round and then I tend to forget about it; I might instinctively tighten my grip to compensate. Derek

2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Derek,
    It happens because you are releasing your middle finger with your trigger finger. I have to make a conscious effort to only release the trigger finger. To me it happens on second shot doubles once in a while. I just make sure I am gripping the pistol grip area well with my middle finger. Practice releasing just your trigger finger, it makes a difference. YMMV Scott

3. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Scott has good info.

A set back trigger seems to help also.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3bdGaSIHrZA?rel=0?start=39m50s&end=40m6s&autoplay=1” frameborder=”0?></iframe>

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

beretta 682 with release does that to me but my other gun 303--does not

5. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I think you are releasing your whole grip & not just your trigger finger. I do this on occasion. Keep a tight grip with the rest of the hand & just let the trigger finger go!

6. dsdickson

dsdickson Member

Hey guys, thanks for taking time to respond and the useful info. My trigger is set full forward now & I'll see what happens when moved back. Thanks again. Derek

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

This will fix your problem.

8. dsdickson

dsdickson Member

Thanks 320090T for the link. Moved my trigger back half way and this made a significant difference. Enough to run 50 in a league shoot tonight. Derek

9. JJM

JJM Member

Go to your local auto parts store and buy a tube of black form a gasket- ATV.
    About $4.00 will do about ten guns. Put it on the back of the guard,
    two small rows wait a while and you can shape it with your finger. Let it setup over night, can be removed with no damage to the guard.
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.