1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

relase trigger skb-picts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by beaker100, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaker100

beaker100 Member

this is the single release trigger i did today at the ata at linn creek,mo

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view¤t=releasetriggerskb001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

skb release cocked position

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view¤t=releasetriggerskb002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

skb release set position

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view¤t=releasetriggerskb003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

skb release fired position

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view¤t=releasetriggerskb005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

skb custom wood reinstalled. skb releases are srt $300.00 shipping included to the lower 48 states, drt $600.00 shipping included to the lower 48 states. thanks for looking doug hubbart gunsmith (573)286-9905, jd28hd@aol.com

2. beaker100

beaker100 Member

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Doug,

Thanks for the nice pictures. Good job.

I've got a Weatherby 30" Sporting Clays gun that has just been sitting in my gun safe for the past 5 years because I was told it was very difficult, if not impossible, to have it converted to release triggers.

What can you tell me about the background or history of SKB/Weatherby guns that have been converted to release triggers? How have the trigger jobs held up to heavy usage? Does it make it much more difficult to replace a hammer spring if necessary?

Thanks for any info.

Easystreet

4. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi eaststreet, the skb and the beretta are the most difficult guns for me to put releases in. that said i can make fine releases in these
    guns, just takes a little extra care and time.

i bought out bruce bowen release triggers. the design i use for the skb guns is bruces design. bruce still makes the parts for me. a lot of people think bruces designs are some of the best for release triggers and his workmanship on making the parts are second to none. bruce uses proper materials, properly machined, then properly heat treated for many years of service.

the release must be dissassembled to replace the main springs in the skb. it is not a big deal but care must be excerised to properly reinstall and loctite the parts back in the reciever.

as far as length of service you can expect, maybe some of the people who bruce has installed releases in there skb can respond to the thread and give some input.

thanks doug

5. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

Doug,

Thanks for doing an awesome job on my release trigger. It is very smooth and crisp.

Pam

6. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi mia, it is so hard to find good help! lol! doug

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Interesting design! Quite a bit different from Glen Hunting's offerings. You guys have a real sense of manufacturing imagination! :)

8. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi andy44, i have seen glens skb triggers and they are great. he does a very good job on them. doug

9. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi whweber,yes remove the split ring retainer and the black headded screw to the left of "hubbart" in the pict on the side you want to change the spring on. that screw is a #10 torks i think. that screw should be locktited back in with blue on reassembly.thanks for looking doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.