1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Relaoding with IMR 7625

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I have 4# of IMR 7625 that needs to be shot up. I can go to a manual (and will) but seem to remember that there are some quirky properties with this powder for good results. I understand that it is a low pressure and soft shooting powder. Somebody tell me what you know.

Thanks Jim

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

I shot it for years in 20GA and 28GA until it got so expensive. Best powder I ever shot, soft and clean. Just follow the manual, it worked well for me.

3. loop02

loop02 Member

I shoot it in my handicap loads. Low recoil The kind of powder it is makes it expensive, I forget the term. Meters perfectly.

4. Bob M

Bob M Member

It is manufactured similarly to IMRs, now Hodgdon's PB powder and is a porous base powder. It is well mannered and load data is available on the Hodgdon website. It smells wonderful and helps keep the 'skeeters away with all the smoke. I love it!!!

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Jim, great powder. Just type in 7625 in the search, a lot of info. Click on the link for an example.

Wayne

6. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

We load 24-24.5 grains for a 1200 fps load with 1 1/8 oz shot. Works well. Not to mention smokes targets!

Matt Ski

7. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I did look at the manuals and found info. I thought I remembered somewhere that it had a mind of it's own. Maybe a poor cold weather choice or that it needed a good amount of wad pressure or something like that. I am going to load some in an old AA with a wind jammer and 22 grains with 1 1/8oz and see what happens.

Thanks Again Jim

8. TomB

TomB Member

Jim....I've been loading 22.3gr,Fed 209A primer, win 114wad @40lb, and I get 1235FPS in my 90-T with .746 backbore. Excellent load !!! Tom B

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Noisy.

Neil

10. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Best powder I have ever used. Consistant performance, x-low pressure, a little dirty. I used a Fed 12S wad with #8 1/2 Lawrence Magnum shot and from the 16yd line it felt like cheating. HC loads with #7 1/2 or #8 shot were killer also. I always felt that my reloads were better than factory new shells. If I ever go back to reloading 7625 powder is the only one I will use. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dupont 7625 reloading trap loads

imr 7625 load data

imr 7625 low pressure loads
load data 7625