1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

...Reinstating the Assault Weapons Ban...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gold E, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

If this has already been opsted, I apologize.

Since there is no proof that the previous AWB had any positive effect in the US, now the administration has to push for reinstatement under the pretense of doing it for Mexico's sake.

What a crock!

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I suppose all the internet exchanges will be targeted too.

We have to hold off the devil for at least 2 years. NBC is full of bovine fecal matter as usual.

Criminals buy their guns on the street. In bars, out of car trunks, from the folks who stole them, whatever.

NO self respecting robber would go to a gun show. I did once catch a stolen gun at a show, however.

HM

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

A woman in the crowd told Obama she had “heard a rumor” that he might be planning some sort of gun ban upon being elected president.

Obama trotted out his standard policy stance, that he had a deep respect for the “traditions of gun ownership” but favored measures in big cities to keep guns out of the hands of “gang bangers and drug dealers’’ in big cities “who already have them and are shooting people.”

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said.

But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.

So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said.

“This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We were told he was more of a moderate than his radical record would indicate. That he would govern from the center. Does anyone still believe that?

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

tim, he also said he is an American,,,but can't prove it,,,

why no birth cert?????,,, I don't believe he has one,,,,

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Thursday, February 26, 2009
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michigan pushes back against proposed federal registration
    New federal law would supersede those of the States

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

State Rep. Paul Opsommer (R-93) announced today a new bi-partisan package of resolutions that will assert Michigan's right to bear arms under its Constitution, the supremacy of the Second Amendment over the Commerce Clause, and the will of the Michigan legislature to not recognize or enforce unconstitutional firearm restrictions placed upon its citizens.

Opsommer's resolution, HCR 009, speaks directly to the many new federal firearm laws that are being introduced. "Even though I am only a State legislator, some of these federal proposals are so egregious that you really don't have a choice but to get involved," said Opsommer. "They would trample over our own Constitution and firearm laws, and I don't think we can sit idly by to just wait and see if and when these bills become law".

Opsommer said he will also be reintroducing his bill HB 6518 (2008) and expanding it so that it also addresses the new agenda Illinois Congressman Bobby Rush has added to his anti-firearm's wish list. The bill was introduced last year in reaction to coercive attempts by Mayor Bloomberg to create new video surveillance databases of gun purchases with Wal-Mart.

"Congressman Rush's legislation would also call for other biometric schemes that would include the fingerprinting of law abiding citizens and a new Attorney General approved picture ID card," said Opsommer. "We were able to halt provisions last year that could have required a new and vague national ID card in order to buy firearms, and we will do so again whether it is to register firearms, ammunition, or handloading equipment."

Man it looks like states are going to fight Nobam tooth and nail. I hope so.

Jerbear

7. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

"That he would govern from the center."

That would be the center of attention.

Adios, Dirk

8. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Just heard on Rush that Pelosi said today that with all that was on his plate right now it wasn't a good time to work on gun control. Isn't that refreshing, maybe a short reprieve.

Write them letters, brothers with arms.

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

this guys a pompous ass. Hes got got a cabinet full of losers.

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vp7f1QKYmg&NR=1

nuff said

11. Frank C

and another
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKfL2ETnF8&feature=related

12. Frank C

and another
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKfL2ETnF8&feature=related