1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reid is a slimeball

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

What is wrong with idiot,,,,,,,

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

he is bought and paid for!! and when he is out of office he wants to be able to hire the cheapest labor available!!

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And the NRA elevated this clown from an F to a B. Sheesh.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you base your assessment of someone's political worth on one issue.

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I dropped my NRA membership after many years because of their backing of Reid.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

ok tripod,,,,,,how about no budget brought up for THREE years?????

In 2005, Reid voted against Supreme Court of the United States nominee John Roberts, in part because of pressure from his constituents.[20] About 64% of Reid's constituents in Nevada identify themselves as "pro-choice."[21] Reid also voted against nominee Samuel Alito,[22] but argued against the pursuit of a filibuster of Alito because the Republican majority leader at the time, Bill Frist, had threatened to institute what he and other Republicans called the "Constitutional option" and what Democrats called the "nuclear option". If implemented, the option would have eliminated the filibuster and made a simple majority – rather than a three-fifths majority – enough to move forward any federal judicial confirmations

Reid made headlines in May 2005 when he said of George W. Bush, "The man's father is a wonderful human being. I think this guy is a loser." Reid later apologized for these comments.[25] Reid also called Supreme Court Associate Justice Clarence Thomas an "embarrassment"[26] and referred to Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan as a "political hack."[27]
    [edit]

Reid supports legislation that would cut $15 billion in tax breaks for large oil companies and put the money toward renewable energy sources.[40] In an op-ed to the Reno Gazette Journal, Harry Reid wrote, "I am working on a bipartisan energy bill that will create thousands of Nevada jobs, save consumers money, address global warming, and make our country safer. We can do that by reducing our reliance on oil and investing in the renewable energy sources that are abundant in our state.

Sen. Harry Reid vastly overstated annual attendance figures for the federally subsidized National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Nevada.

The Senate majority leader claimed that "tens of thousands of people" visited the annual event in Elko, Nev., "every year." He was speaking on the Senate floor March 8, defending federal funding for such events. But his claim was far from true. The fact is that the event attracts between 6,000 and 8,000 people each year, according to Charlie Seemann, executive director of the Western Folklife Center, which sponsors it.

Reid hosted a “Back Off Social Security!” rally today for “retiree activists” to protest “cuts that will weaken” Social Security. Calling it “the most successful social program in the history of the world,” Reid insisted nothing needs to be done to fix Social Security right now. "Two decades from now, I'm willing to take a look at it,"

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

They don't want to alienate their voter base.

They did surprise me by cutting 33 million in aid to Pakistan, in response to the man jailed for helping US find bin Laden.

One million for each year of his sentence.

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The Dem want the Ill Aliens to vote in this country. Even if they aren't suppose to be voting in this country. Voting is getting to be a big joke I'm sorry to say.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

He is a huge supporter of military veterans and without him many of the current programs would not be available to those that have sacrificed.

The NRA supported him for a reason

If you think the guy looking back at you in the mirror in the morning has done more for veterans or even for gun owners- please post your contributions here

No one will be posting

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

bigdogtx , You make Reid sound like a pretty good guy.

And Calling Clarence Thomas an "embarrassment" is being polite.

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

The entire well being of the nation must include more than one issue. Reid has stonewalled many things that in my view would have helped our country and he played partisan politics rather than "do the right thing". He should not be allowed another shot at being Majority leader.

13. warren

warren Member

I voted against him and thought he was toast but he made deals with the unions in Vegas and got in I think the election should be investigated but nobdy listens to me. The voters just don't care as long as they get what they think they want.

warren

14. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

John galt, Nah, I just come by it naturally.

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Johnny,

......................did you deprecate yourself????

16. Brian in Oregon

<i>"And Calling Clarence Thomas an "embarrassment" is being polite."</i>

Someone's been drinking liberal Kool-Aid.

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Right you are Brian and he deserves an award:

[​IMG]

18. Brian in Oregon

<i>"The NRA supported him for a reason "</i>

Yeah, Reid bribed them with a gun range so they magically deemed he was no longer a gun banner.

This is why a lot of people do not trust NRA candidate ratings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.