1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

registering for confiscation!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_52pMg8qQcc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Is the Canadian Constitution the same as the U.S.?

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Tyrants don't care

I am glad to see you right on top of this Jon

4. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

The only person who would want to take guns from law abiding citizens are people of criminal intent, whether they be gangbangers, home invaders or government offficials. ed nichols

5. Stl Flyn

Is there gun registration still in affect? I hardly think that some Canadian character from an obvious political platform would be the person I would be taking advise from. Nothing against, "O Canada".

Seems to me the States are the Tyrants to worry about. Even though if the recent laws are deemed unconstitutional, they will be eliminated. Confiscation in the United States won't happen. Unless of course, Martial Law, or a State Of Emergency is declared. Then it is possible, but not mandatory.

Are there any weapons that require registration, and permits, currently in affect by law of the general public citizenry? What about CCW. Do you need a permit to do so? Are there limitations, as to what weapons you can conceal carry?

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Part of the downfall of the Canadian system were with people registering cordless drills, small appliances, tools, etc., to flood the registry and eat up staff time with flotsam and jetsam. The clerks making entries did not know a Dewalt 3/8" drill (.375 'caliber') from a .375 H&H. There are some really amusing stories about how Canucks sabotaged the system.

7. Brian in Oregon

<i>"Confiscation in the United States won't happen. "</i>

That's pretty naive.

Confiscation HAS happened in California. Ask the SKS owners who had to turn them in. And the ones who got arrested when they didn't.

Or when NYC registered then later banned "assault weapons". An acquaintance moved out west and received a forwarded letter demanding he surrender. He returned it with some choice language telling them what to do. He learned from a neighbor that the police raided his old home to arrest him and seize the guns. The registration was simply to get a handy list of gun owners and guns to demand be turned in or be seized.

Anyone who thinks that registration does not lead to confiscation is a naive fool.

Let's look at some facts:

Criminals cannot own guns.

Criminals do not have to register their illegally owned guns under the 5th Amendment (this is a SCOTUS ruling).

Only LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS have to register their guns.

Because criminals do not have to register their guns, and because it is unlawful already for them to own them, there is NO POINT in making law-abiding citizens register their guns. Once you strip away this facade, the ONLY thing left is a handy confiscation list.

8. darr

darr Well-Known Member

There is no reason for registration other than ease of confiscation.There is no other reasonable arguement.There are already background checks.It is already illegal for mentals and felons to own guns.

Darr

9. Stl Flyn

I think if you look up the particulars in each, of any of those cases, you will see that they where not in fact confiscation, from a law abiding citizen. The buy back was voluntary. The confiscation was due to other circumstances, that did not include law abiding citizens. One case was due to wrongful identification of the type of SKS, obtained after the ban.

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Minnesota House File 241, the "assault weapons ban" if passed in it's current form would require that you register your "assault weapons" once a year and allow police inspection of your home and gun storage area once a year. You would not be able to sell or transfer your "assault weapon" and upon your death the state would confiscate the "assault weapon".

Can't happen? MN has a house, senate and governor's chair all filled with democrats. It could happen right here this year.

At the pulic safety committee fact finding hearings last week, an instructor took the witness table with two rifles. One wood stocked and the other with a colapsible stock, pistol grip, vertical fore end grip and a partial barrel shroud. Illegal four different ways under the bill. He then explined that the guns were both Ruger 11/22s with identical function, rate of fire and lethality. Made perfect sense to most in the audience but most of the committee democrats left the room at the start of his testimony. They were clearly there to find facts, but only the facts they wanted to find.

God help us all.

Bob

11. 548

548 Guest

Registration could lead to taxation (like a car), with those proceeds earmarked for addressing gun violence issues.

I'm not a proponent of such a plan, but certainly understand that it could easily happen since most constitutional law scholars would agree that the second amendment would offer little in the way of resistance.

12. Stl Flyn

I am not saying there won't be laws presented that can be construed as confiscation, or even cross that line. They just will not remain once the appeals process is involved. If deemed unconstitutional.

13. Brian in Oregon

I guess you trust your government more than some of us do.

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

He not only trusts it Brian, he sent it a Valentines card today!

15. dougp

dougp TS Member

I,m a Canadain gun owner for over 50 years . To help you understand what our laws are up here I wished to make some comments . We do not have the same consitution as the USA There are two kinds of licenses here in Canada one is a caledd a POL(possession only ) PAL (Possession acquistion license ) The Pal allows to you to purcahes a fire arm . Hand guns have had to be registered since 1932 and in order to purchase a handgun the background checks had to be done by the law enforcement agencies ,(that still is in effect )
    Approx 12 years ago a nut bar went on a shooting rampage at one of our Universities killing a number of students , the Majority Gov,t in power at the time( Liberals) decided all long guns need to be registered too. Thus the long gun registry was created , Now Criminal don,t register anthing but politicians promised the regisrty and it was born , After 10 years of fighting the redcualous legislation the current Conservative Gov,t abolished the long gun registry in May 2012(some long guns however are banned or restricted like auto matic rifles and some military assualt weapons. etc .
    Currently you do not have to register long guns but still require to have a license to purchase ,the license is renewable every 5 years(not free)
    There were many stories of the screw ups by the long gun registry. and one post indciated the registry offic was registering Dewalt drills ( true ) some guy registered a Fuller Screwdriver that had a patent number on it.
    I could go on a length as there were a lot or horror stories up here , I could write book on it. Things have settled down now and of course criminals still don,t register hand guns like DUH! Hope some of this info helps you understand what goes on up in the Great White North .

Doug P

16. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug P.

17. dougp

dougp TS Member

I forgot to put spell check on when typing my reply so I apologize , , Any other questions you may have I will try to answer..
    I might add to acquire your PAL and to combine the hunting course when taking the course the cost is approx. $125.00 the course is a two full days .Just to clarify handgun usage. It,s rare to have a concealed weapon permit(special cases only) ,We are allowed to convey the handgun to a shooting club or gun range and back home the most "direct" route , Damn can,t stop for beer , wings and Pizza unless it,s direct in my route home.The handgun must be trigger locked unloaded of course and in a gun case or secure and out of sight so therefor handgun laws are quite restrictive ,
    We have storage laws still in effect , all firearms must be stored in a locked gun cabinet or secured locked "compartment" and ammo cannot be stored with you firearms , So the police authorities, are all over you if you have to bring out your firearms to protect yourself. You have to prove to those idiots you have safe storage . Big case here in Canada where a gun trainer had his house attacked by vandals with molotov cocktails , He goes to his gun cabinet , loads a handgun shoots over the head of the criminals , He gets charged for unsafe storage etc, The criminals were not charged until two months later. After over a year in the Supreme court of Canada and great cost for legal fees the guy is acquitted , now there maybe an appeal. Gun owners up here helped defray some of his legal costs all because of over zealous cops .. Not sure if the appeal will be granted , the saga continues .

DougP

18. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

19. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Brian

Don't forget about how the New Orleans Mayor confiscated all guns after Katrina, so that people could not defend their property from the looters.

And, did everyone see how this ex-mayor is in deep doo-do now with the law..

Serves him right.

20. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me how the resident liberals make these blanket rebuttals without the slightest concern for fact, truth or accuracy. Stl the ever dwelling water bugs and dung beetles. Taking unsupported exception to every issue is not the sign of reason, or intelligence. It is the sign of the intellectually inept and clueless lazy.

http://gunowners.org/notb.htm

Kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.