1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Registered vs non-registered

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 46_trap, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 46_trap

46_trap TS Member

I ahoot at the Keystone Sportsmen Assoc. gun club. At registered shoots they have about 4 or 5 squads at each monthly shoot.I went over there last night during the winter leauge shoot. Many many more shooters then at a registered shoot. The differience seems to be %4.00 hundred targets and a entry fee into the leauge of manbe $25.00. I am not talking about young shooters, I seen many shooters that shoot registered shoots. Is it the 25.00 for singles and $21.00 for hqndicap. It seems as if you have to pend at least $46.00 (not counting doubles, another $21.00). This shooter is thinking of dropping out of registered shoots.
    Bud

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Exact fees are up to your own club. There is an ATA fee for all registered shoots that is part of that fee but to overall fee for registered targets is up to the club who handles the event.

There are many and I mean many more regular club league shooters out there than actual registered ATA shooters. Why is a good question but fees and such is most likely a determining factor. Another factor to consider is if they shoot at 1 or 2 clubs only and those clubs only have a half dozen or so registered shoots a year than why should they ever want to shoot registered targets?

If registered shoots is doing nothing for you other than taking extra money to pay for the registered target fees than it would be wise for you to drop out.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Trap shooting is expensive, registered even more so. Shoot 3 events at my club and it's $86 with out options, with all options it's $131.

Eric

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A while back at my club we ran a non registered shoot. We charged twenty dollars for a 100 targets and after paying the club for the targets we used the rest of the money to buy NY strip steaks and awards for the shooters. No money went to the ATA. After eating the barbequed steaks and getting their awards the members seemed very happy. HMB

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Look at your club..If it's the same as most others, you have three levels of shooters. You have club shooters, they shoot their couple of practice rounds at the club, rarely participate in any competition. You have the local league shooters, they shoot their 50 or 100 targets in their local league but that's the extent of their competition level. And finally, you have the registered shooters, They usually compete in the local leagues as well as participating in registered shooting when they can fit in the travel and can find the time. Very few clubs have the dedicated registered shooters that do nothing but travel & shoot and the clubs that do, usually find them minimum in number. You need all of them. Without the income from all the levels most clubs could not exist. Club management must try to keep all of them happy & it's not easy.

Big Jack

6. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Well spoken Big Jack!!!

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I would lose interest in trap if I could not make a few big shoots and try to be a "gaint killer" ... then after you miss a few you can go to the shoot-offs and watch some guys that really got it together.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I shoot as many events as possible, league , turkey shoots , ATA ect ect. Out of the 25 consistant shooters at our club only 2 shoot ATA. Most state its just not worth it for them. Time money ect ect.

9. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Our local club has a monthly fun shoot - non registered. 50 singles and 50 caps - 15 bucks and it pays 3 places.

We have more shooters at these shoots than the registered events.

It is fun but still good competition!

38-01615

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Quit shooting registered, can shoot league for $14.00 as opposed to $25.00.
    Shoot more practice and can for the cost of registered singles and handicap, I can get a round of sporting clays in,skeet and trap without waiting around.

My kids both said so long to the ATA as well.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.