1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Registered Trap at Ben Avery - June 3

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bas, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bas

bas Member

The Ben Avery Clay Target Center will be hosting its first inagural registered trap shoot on Sunday, June 3. Check the above website for more information and program info.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hope it works out well, I plan on being there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. white rattler

white rattler Member

Good luck and I would love to be shooting it. Trevor Dawe

4. bas

bas Member

WPT...will look forward to seeing you, Trev...we wish you would be shooting there also!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"Ditto" Betty, its been awhile ... Hope alls well and the shoot goes good ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. talker

talker TS Member

Bill, Bernie, Betty, 'Bama, Et. Al.:

Doesn't the BACTC site post that the shoot is LIMITED to 50 entries? Even though the snowbirds have headed back to the wheat fields and machine shops, you would think that far more than 50 eager desert dwellers would show up for this venture.

I believe Bernie, George, and Jim and a couple of others will be coming down from Prescott.

Are Mr. Scanlon or other famous names in Arizona trapshooting lending their expertise to the June 3rd endeavor?

Also, on the encouraging side, ATA shoot dates are listed for Ben Avery in Sept., Oct., and Nov. I hope to be at some of those.

Until I see you again in the West, best regards from Michigan

Dan

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

the program has no limit on shooters. the only reference to "50" is in the shooting procedure.

HM

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You're right. I think I need new glasses.

HM

9. bas

bas Member

I think 50 is probably a realistic number...given that a lot of residents may be a)traveling and b)it could be a bit "warm" . State BOD members and "others" will be on hand to ensure a successufl shoot. We are all happy to have BA back! Along with Garden Canyon. We have a very full shoot calendar for the 2008 target year. The schedule will be posted on the AZ web site once all green sheets are in. Thanks to all for your support of AZ trapshooting.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

To the top one more time ...

11. Trap4two

Trap4two TS Member

Program does say Event limited to 50 shooters right under start time.

12. bas

bas Member

To All - I just received word from Ben Avery that the limit on shooters in the June 3 program was definitely in error AND has been removed. They offer their apologies and look forward to all that would like to attend. Hope to see you there. The revised program is on the AZ Web Site. Please also note that because the clubhouse is under construction, there will be no food service available.

13. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

Add 5 more to the list of shooters for this one.....the Buckeye SCTP squad and coaches will be there.

Len in PHoenix

14. 97STR

97STR TS Member

Help,
    I want to come down and shoot with you guys on the 3rd! I let my ATA membership lapse is there any way of getting a card before the shoot? I really do not want to be thrown in with the AAA and 27yd shooters. I will try an call the ATA office on Tuesday.
    Joe

15. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

I was there last weekend and the place is looking very nice.

Temps in the low 100's. Targets set at approx. 9 feet.

I will be in Baltimore for a PVA shoot. Otherwise I would be at BA for this fun time.

Hope all that attend have a great time and high scores.

Philip M. Santos

Capt. Team Budweiser (Ret.)

16. bas

bas Member

You can renew your ATA membership at the shoot, however, it will only be valid until August 31. The new ATA target year begins on September 1 and you will need to renew again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.