1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Registered Targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RHAT, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I live in the Dallas Ft Worth area, is there anywhere i can shoot registered targets without entering an ATA event,???? I have ben unable to shoot for a few years and would like to get my target count back up so i can shoot some events without Penalty ...........

any thoughts,??????????

Richard Hatler

2. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Any time you shoot registered targets it is an ATA event.

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

You have to be a member of the ATA to shoot @ an ATA Event ( ATA does not allow a non-ATA member to shoot along with a registered squad ) So with all that said you must shoot at an ATA event so that you amount of Targets can be recorded and your class established...Also to establish your Handicap yardage.

4. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

RHAT are you looking for marathon events?

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

If I'm not mistaken in a "big 50" event, unregistered shooters (non-ATA) are allowed to shoot alonside registered shooters. The ATA members birds will count as registered targets while the non-ATA shooters targets will be just practice.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. WarEagle2017

Looks like Jerry is correct, <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

7. WarEagle2017

Here it is croped <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

RHAT- I would suggest that you join the ATA and start shooting events without concern about your classification. Many smaller shoots do not have a penalty. If you go to a larger shoot and do shoot in Class A, 23 yards, it is not a big deal. Just go to have fun and shoot the very best you can. Everything else works out.

Pat Ireland

9. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Jerry, If you register the big fifty you still have to be classified and belong to the ATA. I believe RHAT ask if he could shoot registered and not enter it into the ATA. The answer is no he can not.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

To shoot registered targets you have to join either the ATA or PITA ... I'm not sure if the PITA operates in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area but I'm sure someone on TS.Com will be able to provide that answer ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Cray

Cray Member

Pat,

Are you going to the PA State shoot?
    If so, I'll see you there. Ray

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

WPT, that (PITA birds) would truly be up to local clubs choosing to contact the PITA and arrange to get sanctioning. I don't think there are any in that area at this time. And, you're right, neither association permits unregistered shooters in registered events. I'm really not familiar with the Big 50 program(s) but it sounds like that's the only option for RHAT short of just joining up, start shooting, and have fun like any beginner or returning shooter....breakemall....Bob Dodd

13. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

RHAT,

What was your last known yardage??If it was 23 or 24 yards then shooting plenty wouldn't really matter...the boys are right the big 50's are the way to go they are not so called ATA "events" but they are registered targets that will get you a target count however you will earn yardage and class also if the scores are high enough, as the goal is to be the best you can be and not camp out on the close up lines then I suggest you shoot some of these 50's and warm up and then go out and shoot some 100 bird events...to shoot the big 50's you will need to be signed up for the ATA and your state org. Have fun Kym

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

hoosier- You are right. I didn't read his question correctly. Once again I engaged fingers prior to putting brain in gear.

JB+Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.