1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Registered Targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeb2700, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

What is everyone paying for registered targets and options ??? Doing a little survey . I am in North West Ohio//Please give locations .Also which options do you play most often and what would you like to see clubs offer that they currently dont.Such as added money ,trophies etc. and last question with all the shoots each weekend what makes you decide where you go to shoot// is it driving distance ,possibility of payouts,number of shooters ,type of traps,target presentation etc. ,Thanks JEB

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

There are some who will only shoot registered where they throw good targets and run a proper shoot, with little concern for payouts or trophies. The goal is inclusion on a state team, with it's average requirements. In my case, the lewis money stays in my pocket to pay for practice rounds, instruction, and the best equipment I can afford.

Best ...mike

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

$19 / 100 at our local volunteer club.

4. alf174

alf174 Member

One of the best run clubs around is in your area, Willams County Gun Club, Montpelier, OH. I'll drive an hour and half one way to shoot there verses closer clubs that are not run well. You should visit there on an ATA day and take lots of notes. This Saturday is a shoot. Follow the link.

"My"club, East Rockwood SC, New Boston MI, $19.50 per 100 plus fees. $5 Lewis.

5. Bob M

Bob M Member

$15/100 + fees at our all volunteer club. Targets only.

Shippensburg Fish and Game Association
    Shippensburg, Pa

6. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Alf174// Could you please elaborate on your meaning of "clubs that are not run well" is it organization of event or is it attitude of club or what ???? Any and all replies greatly appreciated.Jeb

7. alf174

alf174 Member

Some examples of issues that trap shooters don't like:

Untimely starting. If the club advertises a 10am start, it should start at 10am.

Slow to get squads to the line. That includes not allowing shooters to sign-up for the last squad of the first event and the first squad of the second event.

Scorekeepers that are not informed of ATA rules.

Targets not set to specifications.

Trap machinery not maintained properly - frequent breakdowns.

8. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Alf174,What kind of attendance do you see at East Rockwood SC, New Boston MI, for a registered shoot ?? Your pricing seems very reasonable to me. Are your workers voluntary or paid ?? Thanks JEB

9. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I shoot 10K registered a year. This year, I have paid $15. per 100 at a local club in SW Ohio and up to $39. for the 1st 100 at Mo. State. I will not return to Mo. as I think this amount is usuary. Az. State was $28. and threw same targets as Mo. I will return to clubs which have properly set targets, appreciate the shooter(customer)and conduct the shoot in a timely manner. As a rule, I find privately owned or leased clubs to fulfill these requirements more often. Some membership clubs cater to the members, but not all. The one club I would have to rank extremely high was Kingen GC outside Indpls.. The owner showed no favoritism, the targets were set perfectly, background was great, help was knowledgeable, good food and this was all due to the diligence of the Kingen family. Sadly with the passing of Sharon, the club is now closed.

10. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I would be interested in the event number that you paid $39.00 per hundred for at the MO State Shoot. I shot the whole program & didn't pay close to that for any event. Every event was priced the same.......$32 + 2 MTA fee.

11. alf174

alf174 Member

JEB, most of the time our members volunteer though we have on occasion paid for a teenager or two to help. Attendance has been horrible these last two years, 25 hooters is a very good day. We have two traps. We have a any-50-straight pot in the handicap event (all are automatically in) that pays out 1/2 the pot, usually around 1/2 of a $600-$700 jackpot.

12. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

So far great information from everyone,I appreciate it greatly!! Please keep it going.What is it that attracts people to one club over another. For example this weekend Jaquas has their Flag City Shoot and Williams County has a shoot scheduled. Which would be the most appealing and why?? Thanks JEB

13. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

A comment from a trap chairman:

One thing to keep in mind when judging shoot fees is the cost of regular targets at the club.

If you can shoot casual trap for $3.00 a round, entry fees will be low. I think members pay $3.50 a round at St. Charles, for example, but it's a volunteer club. But if club members have to pay $6.00 a round for trap, you start out at $24.00 per hundred, and add a state fee of $1.00 per hundred, it's 25 bucks, with no provision at all for trophies. If you want decent trophies at the end of the day that don't go directly into the trash, add another five bucks, plus the ATA daily fee.

At my club, those are the numbers I'm stuck with. I don't like it, but we pay six bucks a round for casual trap or skeet, and that pretty much means $30 or $31 for entry fees if you want trophies that aren't crap. If you've got say, 65 shooters at an event, that means you've got a grand total of $325 to buy 30 trophies, or a budget of about $10.00 per trophy, and that's without class and category runner-up trophies. We're spending close to $20.00 per trophy for our Labor Day shoot.

Like it or not, ya gotta play the cards you're dealt. The numbers are the numbers. I'd do it cheaper if I could.

14. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

15. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$32/100 + $6 daily ATA/FTA fees. Practice rounds are $8.50. Markham Park, Sunrise Florida.

Eric

16. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Hunter 44, if you shot any one event during the Mo state it would have cost you $39.00 for that initial 100. The targets, state fee, ATA fee and the "gun club fee" add up to $39.00. When I commented to a Mo. director that Az shot White Flyers for $28. plus St. & ATA fees, he told me I was wrong. The extra $4. and the gun club fee is what makes the difference.

17. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Beating a dead horse....

bobdog nailed it!

18. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

So far great information from everyone,I appreciate it greatly!! Please keep it going.What is it that attracts people to one club over another. For example this weekend Jaquas has their Flag City Shoot and Williams County has a shoot scheduled. Which would be the most appealing and why?? Thanks JEB

19. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

A comment from a trap chairman:

One thing to keep in mind when judging shoot fees is the cost of regular targets at the club.

If you can shoot casual trap for $3.00 a round, entry fees will be low. I think members pay $3.50 a round at St. Charles, for example, but it's a volunteer club. But if club members have to pay $6.00 a round for trap, you start out at $24.00 per hundred, and add a state fee of $1.00 per hundred, it's 25 bucks, with no provision at all for trophies. If you want decent trophies at the end of the day that don't go directly into the trash, add another five bucks, plus the ATA daily fee.

At my club, those are the numbers I'm stuck with. I don't like it, but we pay six bucks a round for casual trap or skeet, and that pretty much means $30 or $31 for entry fees if you want trophies that aren't crap. If you've got say, 65 shooters at an event, that means you've got a grand total of $325 to buy 30 trophies, or a budget of about $10.00 per trophy, and that's without class and category runner-up trophies. We're spending close to $20.00 per trophy for our Labor Day shoot.

Like it or not, ya gotta play the cards you're dealt. The numbers are the numbers. I'd do it cheaper if I could.

20. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member