1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Registered Shoots near Waukesha

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by illiniphil, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

I was just offered a position in the Waukesha area and I am thrilled to say that I will be moving to the Waukesha area in the great state of Wisconsin. I would appreciate it if someone could let me know which of the area clubs have registered shoots.

By the way, my sign-on name represents the University of Illinois NOT the state of Illinois. I am not a FIB!!!! I am also a life long fan, shareholder and season-ticket owner of our beloved Packers.

Thanks in advance for the information.

2. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

Waukesha Gun Club, Google it, they have a website etc with more information. A little farther south and west is Darien and Janesville. About 45 minutes to an hour from Waukesha

DB

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Phil, check the calendar on the WTA website. Boxhorn, Lakeview, Somers, Delavan, Janesville all have registered shoots within an hours drive.

However.. Darien is THE place for registered targets in SE WI, they have over 20 events per summer including several 1,000-target marathons.

You can tear-up your FOID card as you cross the border!

SW

4. Donm

Donm Active Member

The WTA web site will show all the shoots that have been applied for so far this year. Welcome. If you have more questions contact me. Don Mittag. I am a WTA Director from the SE zone. My contact info is on the web site under directors. Starting in early May you should be able to shoot every weekend somewhere in the SE part of Wi. A few of the clubs listed are a little out of this zone but close enough that we won't hold that against them. I believe Waukesha is having two shoots and then throw Beaverdam, Sauk, North Bristol, Forest, Fox Valley and several more plus the clubs listed by Stonewall into the mix and it gives a good variety of GREAT clubs to shoot. Again welcome.

5. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Phil, welcome to Wisconsin

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You will be moving into sporting clays territory. All the trapshooters have left.

7. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

dickgtax - another foolish statement from someone very uneducated about the status of one of the top shooting facilities in WI.

Hey dickgtax - since Boxhorns now has a indoor 5 stand, they must be a sporting clays club now right ?????

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Don't get all upset Brad. I was only kidding. Waukesha has become more sporting clays oriented with Wern Valley and Waukesha holding regular monthly sporting clays shoots. I shot the state shoot last year, but it will be a long ways to travel to the new homegrounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.