1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Registered shooting in Wisconsin...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooter R, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Does anyone have an idea why registered shooting in Wisconsin comes to a virtual halt around mid August? (It doesn't actually start till May). The weather can be great till October, but there are very, very few registered shoots being held. And if you do travel a hundred or more miles, you will likely get a crowd of maybe 15.

Not everyone goes to the Grand (August). Not everyone goes hunting (September and October). I'm thinking of getting the boat I've always wanted and just go fishing.

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

You answered your own question. Coupled with The Grand, coming right on the heels of the State Shoot, there isn't a demand for clubs to throw targets anymore. Only the diehards want to shoot after The Grand and a club isn't going to hold a shoot for a few shooters. Plus at least for me, football season is beginning and I enjoy that more than shooting. It's a chance for me to at least try to recoup some of the money I spent on shooting this year.

Tim

3. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

They have some good shooting in Ill and Iowa after the grand, and also some great non registered shoots in Wisconsin, if you just look for them..............!
    Heartland Grand, Beaver Creek is always fun and not that far away, you can leave at 5:am and shoot that day, a lot of the ILL shooters are about 100 miles and have 40 or more shooters in Sept. They also seem to give bigger prizes to get more shooters to come..........

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

X2 Fan. Obviously, you are a Bears fan.

5. tgs1420@gmail.com

tgs1420@gmail.com Member

I think some clubs throw Reg. targets every weekend, they just don't advertise it. I agree the weather in April-May is not better than Fall !

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Well, lets see if I can remember it all ... There is plowing, fertilizing, discing, planting, cutting, raking, baleing, milking, mucking, feeding, slopping, etc ... Then there is always the next day ... Its been awhile but I seem to recall there wasn't much time for anything other than chores 7 days a week ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Member

"Not everyone goes to the Grand (August). Not everyone goes hunting (September and October). I'm thinking of getting the boat I've always wanted and just go fishing."
    Your right but a lot of club members do and Wisconsin is very agricultural so you lose some to fall harvest also. So the clubs might be shorthanded. I don't shoot registered and there are shoots that are not registered (such as meat shoots) all year in my corner of wisconsin. You don't Have to shoot registered all the time. Still trapshooting takes a backseat to hunting and my farm work to me. Many feel the same.

Search tags for this page

list of wisconsin registered shoots for trapshooting

wisconsin registered shoots for trap

wisconsin registered trap shoot schedule