1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

## Registered SARASOTA GUN CLUB, March 7-9 ##

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I'm in Siesta Key for the week, would love to give it a try on Fri. Where are you located?

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Jerry,web site says club opens at 8:30 on Fridays, is this also the time for this shoot? When would you start shooting? If one were to shoot the entire event what would be the est. time it would be done?
    See you Friday for sure.

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Flagarto- I owe you an apology as I will not be able to make your shoot today. I REALLY was planning on coming over. I'm at my brother's house in New Port Richie now but I have to go back over to the Silver Dollar to shoot off for class "C" (carry-over) as a couple of us tied with 96's. I also (not bragging of course) have to pick up my 22-24 yd. trophy for shooting a 98. Man was I ever geeked after shooting my best handicap ever! The word at the Dollar is that your club only allows steel shot, any truth to that rumor? If that is false you might want to go over there and dispel that rumor. I figured that you would have mentioned that in our postings if that were the case.

I'm disappointed that we can't get together as I was looking forward to going to a new club and meet you and other fine shooters. I just won't have time to shoot today at the Dollar then come to at least see you guys then get back on the bike and make it back to Daytona (actually Beverly Beach, above Flagler) before dark. We have to break camp and leave for the frozen North on Sat morning. Hope your day goes well. I'll be talking to you soon. Sincerely.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Sarasota shoots LEAD---Skyway shoots STEEL

Ron Burdick

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

FlaLagarto, just wanted to say what a fine shoot that was today, beautiful club, great people. I'm glad I made the trip.
    Thanks for the sample of Gater Tears, You're actually a pretty nice guy despite what everyone says.
    Little rusty since shooting my last ATA in Oct., but was happy with what I did shoot. Hope to make it back there again next year.

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Flalagarto- Yea, I guess I did pretty good the two days. The lady I tied with won ladies class and the other gentleman didn't shoot on Fri. so I carry-over won class "C" from Thurs. I got a flat of AA's for that. For the 98 in handicaps the Dollar/White Flyer gave me a nice bronze buffalo statue. Friday's 16's were a bit better but since I moved up to "B" class I got my butt whipped (still broke a 97 which is good for me). The handicaps were indeed windy to say the least but with itcoming in from directly behind the targets were at least consistant. Actually given the conditions I'd say they were good. You had to be a little quicker but they were good. I ended up with a 95 which won again. Got another flat for the yardage win. I met some great people while I was there including Don S., who posts here. I've never strung so many good scores together. I hope I can carry this momentum back north with me when I leave later today.

Glad your shoot went well. I'll get down there yet! Hopefully sooner rather than later. Best reguards.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. royboy

royboy Member

Where's Jerry ???? We need scores, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.