1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Refinishing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Eric XT, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

Someone wanted to try my new gun and dinged up my forend so I was wanting if someone can give me an estimate of how much it will cost to remove a couple small dings and refinish a forend and does the stock have to be refinished too for a perfect match? The gun is a Browning Citori XT with a gloss finish. The gun is 3 weeks old so I'm a little upset and I'm hope it won't cost a whole lot. thanks

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Call Browning. I sent my Grade VI Citori in to them and they refinished stock and forend, and fixed the gouge that was in it for $244. Everyone is going to tell you it will take forever, but call them and find out for yourself how long it would be to refinish and receive back. They will give you a price and will finish it back to original color and condition, more than likely without having to do the stock.

3. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

thanks for the reply. That's cheaper than what I thought. I really don't want to send it to Browning cause Browning has my BT99 so I got the Citori for a backup gun while my BT99 is being repaired

4. overbored

overbored Member

Buy a new forend. Mid-west gun works in missouri.

Hugh

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just keep looking- some local furniture refiniser might do it for $20

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Eric, I'd have the gentleman buy my wife and I dinner with himself and his wife as well. Forget about the ding in the gun, because you will get more of them and when all is said and done you'll forget about the gun and have a new friend as well. Shoot well and often. Break=em all. JEff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can i send my bt99 for refinishing