1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Refinishing leather shooting apron...How to??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I have a Pavillion Leather Shooting apron that is looking very worn. Has anyone had any success refinishing leather? This one is the OXBLOOD color. Thanks!

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

A SHOOTING APRON???? I have a shooting coat, shooting shirt, shooting hat but not a shooting APRON. Does this APRON have frills on the eages???? Sounds like someing a skeet shooter would wear.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Skeet shooters have pink aprons. I thought you would have known that. HMB

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Gargoyle perhaps you should look at the name of the person who wrote the post. As a matter of fact at different things I do at work I wear an apron, a leather one that is "roughout" it also snaps to the sleeves I wear to keep the fire off my shoulders and chest and back when welding overhead. I like the idea of calling the shooting vests that are below belt length aprons because that is what they are. Yvonne sorry that I do not know the procedure to care for your leather apron or to recolor it in oxblood I do know we have a leather shop in Champaign and they have knowledge of all sorts of things to do with leather goods. Saddle makers and others who work with leather might be able to instruct you on the proper care of your garmet. Google up a search on leather goods and see what you can find. Good luck with it. Dan

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Saddle soap, neats foot oil and shoe polish to add coloring will help but it is not possible to make a well worn piece of leather look new.

Pat Ireland

6. yvonne

HaHa Gargoyle! Cherck out the website and see what I mean. I only wear an apron with frills and such when I'm wearing my French Maid Outfit ;)

7. yvonne

I found a product called TARRAGO. Supposedly cleans the leather of any finish and then you dye it with their kit. It comes in lots of colors. If I don't use the local shoe/leather repair in my area and use the kit, I'll let you all know how it works!

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Go to a saddle shop. They I'm sure will know who can or will work on it for you. The people who work on tack for horses will do a great job for you. I tried your site but the shooting apron did not come up.

9. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Yvonne,
    Pictures? Maybe one of the leather apron also.....

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, with and without the apron.

I'm not sure about the French Maid thing, cowgirls are my deal.

HM

11. yvonne

Well, halfmile.....You're supposed to dress up as something you're NOT on Halloween! Although I am French, a maid I'm not!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.