1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%% Refinishing Eye Candy K-80 %%

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Well I just had to brag a little on the The Crew with this one. It is a K-80 Sporting Clays gun. We made some modifications to the stock to fit the shooter then Mike did his majic with refinishing the wood. Cindy did the checkering as there was no checkering to start with. Brian added the pinapple to the grip cap and all the art was drawn from a photo and then machined in brass. Tracy installed the grip cap, the person that this belongs to has very large hands and his little kept falling off of the bottom of the grip. We also added the finger grips to keep the shooters hand in the correct position. And Me I just sat back watched and directed the show. Oh I also took the photos!! Thank you for taking a look and if you are ever in need of a refinish on your stock look at our web site and see what the guys can do.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303122.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303123.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303124.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303125.jpg

2. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Dennis that is a beautiful stock. I was wondering what type finish is on it as it doesn't look to be oil or high gloss, it just looks great? I have a similar piece of wood on a K-80 and it is going to get done after next year so I will be in touch.

3. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

The finish is a ureathane clear coat with a bunch of other processes to make it like you see. We have the ability to make the finish come out high gloss, semi gloss, or very flat depending on how the final sanding and buffing is done. This is a new finish for us and it is working very well. Seems to be durable, tremendous adhesion and is not supposed to yellow with UV light. Thank you for the question.

Dennis DeVault

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Beautiful job!

Too bad you wasted that wood on a K80 instead of a Mod 12!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.