1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Refinishing a Beretta A390 Aluminum Reciever

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I have time now that my shooting season is wrapping up to have some restoration work done on my A390ST. Therefore, want to have the reciever re-anodized, anyone know of someone that has succefully done this? Cole guns declined.....

Ronbo

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Thanks Pat, will get with my gunsmith and see how much work to remove all of the steel parts.

Ronbo

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Ronbo, if you live anywhere near central Pennsylvania, there is a small shop called Blackcote Incorporated located near the small town of Liverpool, PA, that does excellent work. I had a Model 700 rifle receiver changed from gloss blue to matte black to match the Leupold scope that I will be using on it when the barrel comes from the company making it. He can beadblast any texture of matte before the metal is colored and I thought his charge of $25 to do my receiver and bolt was very fair.

A link to his website is above.

Ed

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Anodizers. Inc.

515 E. 46th St. #25

Boise, Idaho 83714

208-378-1884

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The one Milt is suggesting did two for me, a red one and green one. They did a great job. You will need a gunsmith to get the recv stripped completely down. There were two parts I could not get out

6. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

a buddy of mine has had them done red and gold etc. they can be done , ill try to get name of shop.

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You can even powder coat them yourself if you want. Email me and I'll walk you through it. This is a receiver that I stripped down, taped off and then sand blasted clean before powder coating the lower area red.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_1985.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I talked to A.J. Wetzel last night he is my gunsmith we are going to remove the steel parts, will keep the thread posted. I have been shooting this gun for about 12 years time for a complete cleaning and rebuild.

Ronbo

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The above link to Cerakote is a good one.

H-S Precision refinishes many of their tacticals for the FBI, SS, BATF, etc. with their ceramic coatings.

These are beautiful and hardy finishes. I have a couple of their samples done on aluminum-nice looking.

Whiz

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Completely disassbembled the reciever last night with the help of A.J. will start the cleaning process hope to have the reciver out to be refinised next week. Doing the whole gun except reblueing the barrel. Will post pictures when completed.

Ronbo

11. bgf

bgf Active Member

Ronbo,

Would be nice to have before and after pics.

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

After pics might be hard A.J. took the stuff to work today to strip and get ready for finishing.

Ronbo

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Pat, it's threaded on, but you really have to heat it up. The thread sealer that they use is really strong stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 390 aluminum receiver