1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Refinish

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Steve W, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

2. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

Did you remove the hinge pins before treating the receiver?

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Looks nice to me. Selling it? What is the LOP with that trigger? Rick

4. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

The hinge pins were removed, and Cerakoted with the same color as the barrel, it's supposedly more wear resistance than before.

The stock is standard length, so the grip and mount on shoulder is the same as standard gun, but the trigger bar moved approx. 1/4" back, makes it 14-1/4" LOP to the trigger.

And yes, I'm thinking about selling it to fund another gun for the Boy Scouts. I'm open for reasonable suggestions.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Who did your Cerakote, Steve?

6. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

I'd say sell it.....there's a very nice MX11 on GunsAmerica with 28" barrels for $3500. It's the last gun listed in Perazzi.

You should be able to keep a few dollars too.....maybe pick up a short stock and be good to go for the kids.

7. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

0   0   0

8. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

How about $3550 ?

9. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

I finally got time to shoot it today, 24 & 24. Very smooth, and balanced well. I don't know what to do with it now. :)

10. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

PM sent

11. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Any offers?

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Steve.. why don't you put a price on it....??? I think there is a buyer lurking out there.. BTW.. what did the ceracoat cost you??? How did the barrel come out??? Glad you're shooting it well.. You might consider keeping it.. It looks GREAT in the pictures.. Mike

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

14. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Thanks Mike, your recommendation was great. You are a value asset of gun world. :)

Cerakote is very inexpensive, the total cost is approx. 1/5~1/4 of nickel plating including disassembling and reassembling the whole gun. A very broad choices of color, finish, and even patterns. This is one gun I hold it by the receiver all the time and not worry about the finish.

The finish is amazing, there's no visible powder residue around the ports after shooting, I don't even have to wipe it down anymore. I don't worry about finger prints, rust, or oil. The finish is maintenance free.

I had it done by Kentucky Gun Coating, Rick 270-230-8042 is a great guy to work with, no hassle pricing, no add on charges, highly recommended.

Not that I ever worn out any of my gun's finishes, but if I ever need to refinish a gun, Cerakote will be my choice (for the non-collectables).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.