1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Refinish work by Rod's Custom Gun Stocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Refinish work by Rod

I had Rod @ Rod's Custom Gun Stocks refinish the wood on a Browning Double Auto for me. Rod's work is well known, but I was so happy with the work I felt he should get some kudos here on ts.com. The butt stock had a previous well repaired crack. After this repair, the finish that was applied left the stock a lighter color than the forend. Both pieces of wood had various hits and blemishes. After Rod worked on it, both pieces match in color and are perfect. I'll give some before and after pics.
    Doug Allison

img_4622_zps5c9b86fb.jpg

img_4623_zps3d7e050c.jpg

img_4626_zpsac184ec8.jpg

IMG_4731_zps490e5296.jpg

IMG_4730_zps84ad2dd2.jpg

IMG_4729_zpsf0288b10.jpg

IMG_4728_zpsf3921673.jpg

IMG_4726_zps49426f89.jpg

IMG_4723_zps57ced9fa.jpg

2. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

He ain't a bad shot either..!!!!!

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

While I'm sure there are many wood and stock guru's on here, I have only had dealings with Rod. I am more than happy with the work he has done for me. He has done an outstanding job on that Browning as well. Nice shotgun Dbl Auto.

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Refinish work by Rod

Rodney is the "Stock Doc"

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

PLEASE NOTE........be careful while approaching Rod's Work Trailer as his guard dog can be very intimidating.....all 5 lbs of him !!!! One of the coolest ATA dogs ever !!!!

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Rod did the same thing to a Perazzi MT6 that I had. The forend and stock were different and when Rod got done refinishing them I could not believe how great they looked. He does outstanding work. Ed

7. colt1911

colt1911 TS Member

Doug, is that double auto a grade III !!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE!!! lets blaze some small balls through that thing in about three weeks. Mike

8. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

His dog is the best, walks all aroung the workbench to make sure rod's doing a good job!

9. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Great job Rod!!! Doug has not closed his safe since he brought it home. Glenn Allison

10. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

I will have to say Rod is not omly an outstanding person, But a truly outsatnding craftsman at his trade!!! He has done alot of work for me and i highly recomend him. A true artist and a great person!!! Richie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rods custom gun stocks