1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Refinish Perazzi Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Just a little teaser. Several weeks ago we received this stock and forend on a Perazzi TM-X. The stock was new from somewhere else but the stock was cracked in 3 places, forend did not fit the iron & the pressure points in the wood to metal fit had not been properly done. With a little TLC I think the wood came out great and the owner should be proud to display this one. The pressure block in the back of the receiver was glass bedded and the cracks were repaired to the point they do not show. My hat is off to my guys (Mike & Tracy)again who did an outstanding job. If you are in need of a refinished stock give us a call at the shop 330-456-6070. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennid Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

OK Dennis.....Here is a question for you.. What CAN'T your crew do? This looks great... I do like those Perazzi's..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Beautiful work.

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

can i ask a simple question---what did that cost?

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Beautiful Dennis: Looking froward to seeing my TMX Stock & Forend done. Did you receive all of my parts? Thanks, Dave T.

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Nice work. It look brand new. I think it looks better then factory.
    Why would any one send there stock any were else.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

That appears to be a "Simms" stock. I have had minor issues with his fit too. Had I sent in a gun to have the stock fitted, I would not have had the minor issues. But Dennis is doing one very important thing that everyone should do with their Perazzis and that is to acrabed the bolt tang area of stock. If you do that it takes pressure off the tang areas and you do not get chipping and cracking. Good work Dennis.

8. Dennis DeVault

For Trap 2,

The cost was about $ 700.00 for everything. I wish I had saved the before photos but they got deleated. The wood on the inside was were the time was taken. Due to the cracking issues we had to add quite a bit of wood and bond it to the original stock and that took a little time. Also when the stock was stripped the guys dug out the filler and replaced the holes with hand cut wood strips that were made from English Walnut. These strips were epoxyed in so they would not let loose or shrink in the finish later. The epoxy we use is a special item from Loctite that does not turn white when finish is applied. Many epoxy's turn white when hit with a fast drying excellerator or a chemical reaction from the finish and the epoxy. It has taken us a long time to find the right expoy. Also got a few tips from Earnie Ross on different epoxies and how to make paste fillers. Thank you for the reviews. And yes Dave I have your Peraxxi here for the checkering. Cindy will have that done by Friday and back in UPS to you.

Dennis DeVault

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Dennis,

What did you use as the finish on this stock? Poly, lacquer, etc.

I like the sheen. Is it satin?

Thanks,

Jon

10. Dennis DeVault

Jon,

The finish is a High Gloss and the material is a three part Poly- Urethane Automotive finish.

Dennis

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great looking job Dennis!! You and the crew are a step ahead of the curve on properly fitting to the shooter/gun and finishing quality wood! Kudos to all of you!

Hap

12. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Good looking stuff.
    Pat

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Dennis,

Could you and your crew please screw up something so that we can tell you are human. LOL. Very nice work and thanks for another glimps of art from your shop.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.