1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ Refinish on Beretta 303 @@@

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

<a href="http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/CKDeVault/?action=view¤t=PhilsBeretta.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/CKDeVault/?action=view&current=berettastock2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

A friend of mine ask if I would put this photo on the web site. The stock on the left is a 20 ga. that is factory and the gun on the right is a 303 that we refinished. Notice the grain on the right after all the red stain and filler was removed. We use an automotive clear coat and the finish is used to fill the grain instead of a paste filler.

Dennis DeVault

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Really good job Dennis! Need another for more practice? :) Hap

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Actually I have been thinking of having Dennis do one of my 303's. MMMMMMMM

4. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Cuban cigar,When I gave Dennis that gun to refinish it looked like a brown bed post.I really shoot the gun well and had no plans on getting rid of it so I thought a little (face lift ) was in order. Never thought it would come back looking like it doe's. As you can see Dennis did a beautiful job. Buy the way that is not trap wood .That is a field gun.So if your really looking to have one of your 303's done, I wouldn't hesitate to give it to Dennis. I think his work speaks for itself....Philly D

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am retiring May 16th and then will have time to take my 303 to Dennis and get fit with a nice high roll over stock like he builds on the NCP. Mine has a high rib barrel and I love the gun so spending that amount on it will be ok...

6. cleboje

cleboje Member

Pics can't be seen...and I have a 303 20 gauge with so-so wood that I am looking to get an upgrade on.

Dennis, can you send the 303 wood pics to xxxarmyfam7@msn.comxxx

Just drop the x's.

Thanks

Joe

7. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Joe,

I have tried to send the photos to you but I get the mail demon coming back to me, it says that the message is not deliverable. Send me an e-mail and I will reply back to the same address.

Thank you, Dennis DeVault

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Here's the before and after on both sides.

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view¤t=berettastock2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

And heres another view.

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view¤t=PhilsBeretta.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I sent these to Joe last evening. Hap

9. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

PhillyD, The stock looks great. You took the gamble by stripping it down to see what was under that stain and looks like you and Dennis hit the Jackpot. Up for some nice wood. Josh

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

A big bow to you Dennis on some very quality work! Like we've come to expect anything else these days?!

ec90t

11. cleboje

cleboje Member

Hap - Thanks for the pics...they are great!

Dennis - All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW...really great work.

Makes me daydream about a long-dormant 303 stock project that can hopefully, finally get off the ground, but (isn't there is always a but) I have to get clearance from the family budgeteer (if you know what I mean) first.

Thanks again and I hope to be in contact soon.

Joe

12. Gunprofessor

Gunprofessor TS Member

Hmmmm, I wonder where Dennis learned this trick !!???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.