1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&& Refinish Eye Candy &&

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Just wanted the customer to see his stock and forend before it is shipped out. The wood is a very striking piece and had a ton of filler that hid most of the grain. Our finish guy Mike stripped out all of the old junk along with the stain and filler to let the grain come through. The checkering was recut to make it sharp and then on the last coat the finish was thinned and a coat was put into the checkering to perserve it for many years. We started to spary finish the checkering about a year ago and it is now a standard part of our finish work as long as the wood is firm rnough to hold the checkering points. I think the customer will like the job and we hope that he shoots it well. As always thank you for taking a look. Merry Christmas to all.

Denis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303185.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303186.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303187.jpg

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Beautiful work! Can Zebrawood be used for shotgun stocks?

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Very Nice. I like the grip cap.

4. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Dennis, beautiful work as always.

Rich 219, I use Zebrawood in some of my wood projects. It is a hard wood, and probably would be OK for a stock. I don't know if I would like that much of Zebrawood though. It would really have a lot of grain swirls to it. Do you have a nice piece of wood? If not, look around some, there are some really pretty exotic woods out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.