1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reductions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OhioGal, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I know this topic is getting beat to death, but I have a question. Last year I asked for and was given a yard. I went from 18 to 19.

I shoot at smaller places, often I had nobody to shoot with in handicaps. I got my membership cards months ago and it does show 19. I know some changes have happened, the ATA shooter info center shows 18, so I am guessing I will be getting a new card, like so many of you.

My question is I was told the bump to the 19 would be for two years, since it has not even been a year, which will be correct and do I still have the right to refuse?

Thanks
    Deb

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Apparently, most all restrictions were waived. So when you receive your new card it will then refllect your new yardage.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Deb,

All codes (except "L") were temporarily removed to accomplish the recent 2-yard reduction offer by the EC.

Your record would have had an "I" code to reflect your requested move and, you're correct, under normal circumstances you would not be reduced below your requested yardage for 2 years.

You can refuse the (soon to be) offered 1-yd reduction that you see on the SIC when your card arrives in the mail, or you can take it.

Keep in mind that there will be a number of people who will be reduced to the 19 and 18 yard lines as a result of this recent offer. Whether they take their reductions or not, I don't know.

What you may want to do is take the reduction and see how it goes for your first few shoots.

If you are still finding it difficult to get a squad, you can always re-request a move to the 19.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

4. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Scott,

Any idea when all this is actually going to be rolled out? Calls to the ATA have not been returned or even answered, which is understandable, but there are lots of unanswered questions floating around out there.

Respectfully,

Jon Reitz

5. over/under

over/under Member

My question is, if the only 2 reqirements for the 2 yard reduction, were paid membership and average under the break point, why does your delegate have to approve it?

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Question?

Will those that haven't paid their membership dues yet be offered the reduction when they DO pay? Registered shooting over here in eastern Montana pretty well shuts down for the winter and a lot of guys just renew their memberships at the first shoot they attend in the spring.

John C. Saubak

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Jon,

When I talked to Kathy on Monday (9 January) she expected to have everything finished and the lists sent out to the Delegates by COB Tuesday.

I haven't seen my list yet, so it's possible the duplication error she was working on has taken more time to resolve.

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

o/U,

Delegates review all reductions. There's no reason this should be different.

Normally, abnormally low scores (1 or 2) are omitted from the average calculation. That methodology doesn't appear to have been used for this process. So, I've seen a couple shooters whose average is just below the break point that probably should only be offered a 1 yard reduction, if they are offered a reduction at all.

And there could be other considerations that can only be applied by a human looking at the data.

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

John,

There is no plan (yet, that I know of) to automatically offer the 2-yard reduction to shooters who haven't renewed prior to January 1st.

Right at the moment, the best thing a shooter could do is go online and pay their dues.

Then contact their Delegate and request a Special Review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.